Sunday, May 4, 2014

THE SUNDAY GARDEN

There's good news and there's bad news in the garden this week.  Let's start with the bad news.  My two hydrangea bushes which I've had for about 15 years didn't make it through the winter.


By now it should be green and blooming.  I'm a little sad about it, but it was getting very overgrown, so in some ways it is a blessing.  It will give me a chance to plant something else there.

Now for the good news.  Two more tulips have bloomed.  A white one and a yellow one.  I don't understand why my tulips are blooming one at a time this year and not all together.  Strange...




The pansies and violas are doing good too.  They are so pretty.





And the irises are up.  It won't be long before they are blooming.


I'm glad that I took these pictures a few days ago because today is cloudy and it is drizzling.  It was sunny when I took these.  That's the tour for today.  Hopefully next time the patio will be cleaned up too.

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Kathy, Glad you are enjoying some blooms. I thought my hydrangea was dead, so be careful it may still be alive . It was a hard winter on so many things. I also thought my grass plant had died be it sprang up the past two days. I hope you can play in the garden some soon. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hard winter didn't help plants, I'm sure. Sorry your hydrangeas didn't make it. I have two and they should be blooming soon. My rhododedron is blooming! Lilac bush still blooming and my tulips are still out, that bloomed close to Easter! Love it! I bought 2 hostas on Friday. It was warm, then hot this past week now it's back to rain and some breeze. That's spring in Oregon! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always disappointing when some plants are killed off by the harsh winter weather, but it is good to see that you are looking at it from a positive angle. It is always good to plant something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking beautiful around your place Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our rhododendron doesn't seem to be alive. I'll give it a little longer but it is usually thriving by now. The weird thing is that it had blooms on it in the fall. Maybe that has something to do with it? Now though there is nothing. Not even leaves or any growing branches or stems of any kind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.