Monday, May 12, 2014

MOTHER'S DAY

Today was such a beautiful day.  It was sunny and the weather was just perfect.

Sunrise
 I got up at 5:30 to start cleaning the house.  The kitchen is supposed to start being fixed tomorrow morning.  I still have so much to do to get everything ready and emptied from the room.

Joe has been complaining of an upset stomach for a few days.  This morning he said he felt terrible but didn't want to miss church.  So we went.

The dogwood tree in front of the church is finally blooming.  It's so pretty.


Here is Joe getting ready for the ride home.  He no sooner got home than he started throwing up and has been sick the whole day and into this evening.  He is trying to keep himself hydrated, but can't even keep liquids down.  If he is not better tomorrow, I am taking the day off from work and calling the doctor or taking him to the Emergency Room.  I think it must be a stomach virus, but I've been wrong before.


We were going to have Carole and Walt over for dinner to celebrate "Ma Day".  We call them Ma and Pa so there is Ma Day and Pa Day.  But because of Joe's illness, they didn't come.  It was just as well because I took that time to pick up my friend Debbie and we cleaned out a lot of the kitchen.

I am going to call early tomorrow morning to see if we can postpone the kitchen repair for a couple of days.  I may be taking Joe to the hospital and I won't leave a repairman alone in the house while we are gone.  And I don't want to take a chance on the cats getting out.

Jenny

Snowy
 So we will see how things go.  I hope we can postpone it for a couple of days.  It would give me time to finish what I need to do in the kitchen.

We really got taken with the previous kitchen remodel.  We had it redone four or five years ago and already all the drawers are broken.  It's really hard to use them.




And the tiles on the floor are coming up.


By the way, has anyone else been getting a lot of anonymous comments on their blog?  In the last two weeks I have gotten about 60 or 70 anonymous comments all on one particular post I did.  One day I got 18 in an hour.  It's starting to get on my nerves.  I have anonymous comments blocked, but still.  Just wondering.

It is heading for 1:00 a.m. and I have to get up at 6:00 a.m. so I have to end.

Kathy
-----------------------------------
Sunday's weather:
Sunny!
High:  80 degrees
Low:  53 degrees
(Beautiful weather!)
Sunrise:  5:49 a.m.
Sunset:  8:05 p.m.
14 hours and 16 minutes of daylight  

4 comments:

  1. The tree is so pretty! The weather was so perfect,and I mean perfect,I think God gave it to every mother as a gift. I hope the work can be postponed at least a day or two. You've certainly had your share
    of issues to deal with. I will be praying for Joe to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Monday morning from Tennessee. I am visiting your blog for the first time today and hope we might become friends. We have the love of God in common!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, I hope Joe is feeling better. Home repair and renovation are so draining, aren't they? My kitchen remodel took about 4 weeks and I had. had it by the time it was done. Sending lots of good thoughts your way that everything goes smoothly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy,
    So that is what a Dogwood tree looks like?...
    It is absolutely gorgeous.
    Those home projects never go away .. I finish one and start on another that is how it goes with us at least I hope Joe feels better its a bummer.
    and No no comment issues over here.
    xo marissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.