Wednesday, January 1, 2014

LET IT SNOW


...winter wonderland...
...brrr...
...pretty snowflakes...
*******************************
Welcome to the calendar for 2014.  My friend, Debbie, gave this to me.  The pictures are so beautiful, but they don't photograph well.  I have spent 30 minutes trying to get it so it is not blurry, but this is the best I can do.

The artist is Lisa Blowers.  She does wonderful work.  I hope you will enjoy going through the year with her.  And instead of poems, this year I am back to writing my essays.
----------------------------------------------------
So, let it snow.  Do you like snow?  Some people are just in love with it.  Others cry at the sight of a snowflake.  Isn't it interesting how we are all so different?

Contrary to popular belief about me, I do like snow.  I like watching it.  I even like walking in it.  When I was a kid I loved playing in it.  A snowscape is a beautiful thing to me.

But....  there are some problems with snow.  Because of my health I have difficulty shoveling it.  Joe does also.  And I hate it when the snow turns to ice.  It is dangerous to both walk and drive.  I have cold induced asthma so when it is very cold I cannot breathe and that is scary and painful.

I suppose what I am saying is a little bit of snow that stays just a couple of days and then melts away is something that I enjoy.  If I don't have to go anywhere, I like to sit at the window with a cup of hot chocolate and watch it fall.  But that is about it for my love of snow.

How about you?  Are you a snow lover or snow hater?  Is ice nice or scary?  Do you make snowmen or hot chocolate?  Or both?  I'd love to hear how you feel about snow.


11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Kathy. I am somewhere in between-I don't like the cold and being out IN the snow but it pretty to look at- lol Have a wonderful day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snow!! The soft,white stuff that one can almost sweep with a broom. The white covering everything makes it look so clean & fresh...I am not a fan of ice.As I grow older,I am leery of slipping,falling & seriously breaking something...like me! As for the cold...I guess my limit is anything under 25 degrees depending on the wind chill. Wind changes everything!
    Count me in the hot cocoa club! Hot chocolate seems to warm me more than tea or coffee. I've tried both but hot cocoa wins hands down.
    Well Happy New Year,Kathy,Joe,Jenny & Snowy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you, Deb. Yes, we have to be careful of not breaking anything. Especially now that my cancer medication gave me osteoperosis.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! Best wishes for you and your loved ones that 2014 is happy, healthy, and joy-filled! -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. Happy New Year to you also.

      Delete
  4. I'm like you, love to walk, watch, and play in snow. HATE driving in it!
    By the way, Happy New Year!
    You know how I enjoy turning the pages of your calendar with you. Still, every time I flip my calendar page, I think of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice that you think of me. I think you will like this year's calendar.

      Delete
  5. What a pretty snowman calendar. I like to collect them....but when it came time to retire, we chose Florida. I think it's pretty but for day to day living, I like this warmer climate. Happy New year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Kathy. I do not like cold, snow, ice, winter sports, high heating costs, having to bundle up, wear boots, I despise winter. When I see pretty pictures, I still shudder. Looks are so deceiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like snow and snowmen. Everything seems to shut down here in Ore. where we live even if there's a bit of snow and maybe more to come. Sigh! I can manage driving in town but forget the freeway as people just drive so crazy. Then they wind up in the ditch or median, up the road cuz they travel too fast. We'd thought about maybe one time moving to PA, where Phil is from. But he doesn't like to shovel the snow! Oh well, we are settled here and love when we get it. Right now we are having fog, again. Had some rain as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.