Friday, January 17, 2014

FRIDAY VIEW

A busy Friday today.  Since I am working tomorrow I am off today.  But I am so very busy so thought I would write now while I have the chance.

Yesterday I was making breakfast when I looked out of the window and saw this:

Fortunately it was just a shower and didn't lay or last.  But I am so very sick of the snow.

Today it is clear but very cold.  I mean COLD!

I am hoping to finish cleaning the living room today.  I just cannot do more than one room a day.  I have so much to do.  And then this afternoon we have to pay a visit to my mother-in-law to give her a Christmas gift.  Yes, we still haven't gotten to see her.

For your Friday view I thought I would give you some more Mummers pictures.  I guess because I am watching the parade that I recorded and never got to watch it gave me the idea. 

Here are some of the comics.  Notice the umbrellas.


There was a float that was a 60 year tribute to "I Love Lucy".  So neat!
Here's the whole float.  Nothing in this parade is allowed to be motorized so people are pulling this down the street (for 2 miles).

Here's Ricky.  He was singing "Babaloo".

Remember when they went to Paris and Lucy and Ethel were wearing horses' feed sacks on their heads and thought they were elegant hats?  And here's Lucy with the chocolate conveyor belt.

Ricky's band

Vita-meata-vege-min

Stomping the grapes in Italy.
 This float was great.

Then there were the Fancys.  I just wanted to show you the different types of costumes.


This is a King Jockey.  You can see how he has to pull this float.

All King Jockeys have to have something "horsey" about it.  Most use horseshoes in the design.  Since this theme was "Under the Sea" the horse was a seahorse.


Handsome costume

Fancy trio.  Three costumes the same and they dance together.

Fancy costume.  A salute to our armed forces.



King Clown.  No horsey stuff.


Now it's off to do my things.  Hope you have a good and productive day.
----------------------------------------
Thursday's weather
Cloudy/light snow
High:  41 degrees
Low:  31 degrees
Sunrise:  7:20 a.m.
Sunset:  5:01 p.m. (Yay, the sun is setting after 5 p.m.!)
9 hours and 41 minutes of daylight.
Sunrise on Thursday, January 16, 2014



4 comments:

  1. WOW!
    All these pictures were taken out your window?
    You have a front row seat. And you have a lot of parades that come marching by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, I wish! No, these were taken from off of the TV.

      Delete
  2. The snow shower was a surprise! It was pretty & nice that it came ....and went! Ha ha! The pics are great.Thank you for sharing.
    Lottsa love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing floats...think of all the work that went into all of these! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.