Monday, January 6, 2014

THE WEEKEND


Even though I love winter scenes.  Even though I love sunsets.  Even though this is a beautiful picture that I wanted to share with you, I am so sick of winter already.  Temperatures near zero and wind chills way below.  It is COLD!!!

On Saturday morning I was getting ready for work when we got a phone call.  Getting a phone call in the early morning is never good news in our house.  It was Joe's niece saying that his sister was back in the Intensive Care and if he wanted to see her alive he should get there soon.  I finished getting ready and drove him to the hospital.  I stepped in for a few minutes, then left him there and went to work.  Around noon I called to see how things were and Joe asked me to come get him and take him home.  So I took a long lunch and went to get him.  Apparently she has had kidney failure (which has since been resolved), a heart attack, and her lungs are filled with fluid (double pneumonia).  Her trach had also fallen out.  That has been replaced and she is now in a drug induced coma to hopefully let her body heal.  She is a tough lady and a fighter so who knows how this will turn out.  But very upsetting nonetheless.

We did not get to church yesterday because everything was covered in ice.  I know the pavement looks like it is wet, but it is ice.  That was the problem.  You couldn't tell what was wet and what was ice.


 And although they aren't huge we do have icicles hanging from the back door awning.


It went up to 61 degrees overnight, but the temperatures are plunging today and tomorrow the high is predicted as 12 degrees.  

I have a test at the hospital this morning before I go to work.  The worst part is not being able to eat or drink until it's over.  I have to be there by 9:45 a.m. so that isn't too bad if they take me right away.  But who knows there.

So I am going to go hop in the shower and get myself going for the day.  I hope you all are warm and safe.  
-----------------------------------------------
Sunday's weather:
Freezing rain, wintry mix, fog
High:  44 degrees
Low:  14 degrees
Sunrise:  7:23 a.m.
Sunset:  4:49 p.m.
9 hours and 26 minutes of daylight


Sunset on Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sunrise on Sunday, January 5, 2014

2 comments:

  1. Well, this new year hasn't started out very well for you!
    I pray that your SIL will recover and that your test goes well.
    I agree with you about winter weather, not fun!

    Keep faith, God is with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 6am & the current temp is 5 degrees! That's not including the wind chill. Please be careful today,Kathy. I will keep you & your test in prayer.
    I am also praying for your sil & family. She sounds like she's a fighter so I'll keep on praying for her.
    Stay bundled up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.