Monday, January 20, 2014

WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING

It was another working Saturday this week.  I really don't mind working Saturdays.  It is more laid back and usually easier to do.  This week, though it was very busy.  I don't know where everyone came from.  And everyone seemed to have a problem.  But nothing major and the day just seemed to fly by.

It was snowing when I drove in to work.  Fortunately it was just a snow shower and didn't last at all.  There wasn't anything that even lay on the grass or sidewalk.  But we are supposed to get more snow on Tuesday and this time it is 3-6 inches.  *sigh*  I guess this is payback for the three years we got none.

Sunday morning I woke up, looked at the clock, and realized I had 20 minutes to get myself together and get to church.  Do you think I was late?  Yes, I was.  But I missed only the first song so I wasn't that late.  Pastor Justin was still not there so Elder Rich gave the message again.

Did I mention it before?  In case I didn't on Saturday, January 11 my pastor and his wife welcomed their first child -- a daughter little Miss A.  I've seen only pictures of her and she is a doll.  I can't wait to see her in person.

The Elders' wives got together and we are providing dinners for them all week.  Jim and Carol did yesterday.  I am doing tonight.  I was going to do spaghetti, but I defrosted (but didn't cook) a pork roast yesterday.  So I am going to cut it in half and give them half along with some mashed potatoes and veggies.  The other half will be our dinner.  I'm also giving them dinner on Friday.  I think I will do baked chicken then.  I will do the same thing and just cook double and give them half.  

I chose those two days because they are the days I am off from work.  However, I didn't know that today I would have to take Jenny to the vet between 5 and 6 p.m.  She will be operated on tomorrow to have the three lumps removed from her stomach.  I hope she will be OK.  So I will be taking them their dinner early.  They can always reheat it if it is too early.

Well, off to start another busy day -- cooking, cleaning, food shopping, laundry, dishes.  It just never seems to end does it?

Until later...
----------------------------------------------
Sunday's weather
Cloudy
High:  42 degrees
Low:  22 degrees
Sunrise:  7:19 a.m.
Sunset:  5:04 p.m.
9 hours and 45 minutes of daylight (heading toward 10 hours!)

5 comments:

  1. Kathy, sounds like you are a busy bee.
    I love the picture of the sweet baby. she is adorable.
    I went to church 5 min late too.. the first song was over with..OOPS..
    xo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like working Saturdays too. Plus I get to wear jeans on Saturdays :)

    Please send some of your snow here to KY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious little baby !
    I attended a baby shower yesterday, it brought back so many memories, grown women cooing over little lacy socks and dresses :)
    You are a busy lady ;)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to go to the SPCA today to do laundry but the forecast dissuaded me.They're calling for 5-10 inches!
    Also brutal frigid temperatures! I'm not as leery of the snow as I am of the ice & temps.Guess I'll walk my girls then get ready
    to shovel; otherwise I'll lose my crystal (a lhasa apso) in a drift1 Ha ha!
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are completely right...it never ends. I am retired now and I often wonder how I ever found the time to work! :)
    Be careful driving..goodness!! The baby is adorable. I LOVE babies. That's why I had seven of them in a row. :) Would I do it again..well..I would have to think that one over!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.