Wednesday, January 8, 2014

WHO ORDERED THIS WEATHER?

That was the question put to me by one of my customers today.  I said to her, "It sure wasn't me!"  I guess like everyone else I am ready for a warm up.  And it is coming if we can just get through today.  So looking forward to the 50 degrees coming this weekend.  I don't even care that it's supposed to rain!

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers for Joe's sister.  She is still in ICU but holding her own.  I'll let you know when I know something.

My ultrasound on Monday showed that I have gallstones.  The doctor asked if I knew that and I said no.  He said, "Don't you notice discomfort when you eat dairy products?"  I told him I don't eat dairy since I am highly (and I do mean highly) allergic to all things dairy.  Guess that's why I never noticed it.  Basically he said if it doesn't bother me, don't bother it.  That's good to know and exactly what I will do.  However, I have lots of cysts on my liver and I don't know how that is going to be treated.  The rest of me looks just fine.  Yay!

I am hoping this weekend to take a drive down to the Delaware River and get some nice shots with my new camera.  I am dying to try it out.  I just have to get an SD card and I am all set.  Now that I've gotten paid I think I will do just that.

I just finished reading about the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.  I knew that it took place, but really not much more than that.  It was fascinating and I learned so much.  Now I want to investigate further.  I just got a second book today to read.  It is a historic fiction.  I'm anxious to start it.

Joe said he was in the mood for a vegetable soup for dinner tonight, so that's just what I made.  I took a can of chicken broth and added some potatoes, mixed veggies, noodles and herbs.  It turned out good.  I served it with some garlic rolls and it was wonderful.  And it took less than 30 minutes to throw it all together.  I like meals like that.

Enough of my rambling (because that is just what it is).  I'll be back with something more interesting later.
------------------------------------------------
Tuesday's weather:
Partly cloudy and windy
High:  13 degrees
Low:  3 degrees (felt like -17*)
Sunrise:  7:23 a.m.
Sunset: 4:51 p.m.
9 hours and 28 minutes of daylight.  Woo hoo!

Sunrise, Tuesday, January 7, 2014

4 comments:

  1. oh burrrrr for sure there in PA. Hope things go well with you and have a good time photographing this weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my gall bladder removed laparoscopically (sp) in 1995. Best thing I did. I used to get attacks, though, and lots of annoying acid reflux. My mom had hers for 25 years before having it removed the old fashioned way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, It sure is COLD there. Stay warm...
    we make our soups different I put chicken in a pot let it boil for 2 hours use that broth and add all my veggies like potato, carrots,zucchini, corn in cob, celery, and sometimes but not often cabbage cause if gives me gas...
    Yours sounds yummy too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with your doctor,you don't bother me & I won't bother you.However,so much more surgery is done on a less invasive scale. It's whatever kicks your kayak (no boat to float).
    While I don't usually mind winter,this cold has been too much.It's really hard when I can't walk the girls. They get all droopy & morose. Don't blame them. My "tomboy" poodle especially loves 'out'',taking all conditions in stride.
    I'm teaching her 'easy' so she won't tug me on the icy sections of sidewalk. A
    work in progress!
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.