Saturday, September 1, 2012

EQUAL



I really had a hard time trying to decide what to post today.  It's September first so I thought I would do my "turn the calendar page" post.  But I also went to the farm and thought I would share about that.  What to talk about?  I'll talk about the calendar first.   Look for the farm post tomorrow.

I really do have an equal opportunity kitchen.  I love to cook.  I love trying new recipes and new fruits and veggies.  (Not so much new meat.)  Joe was a cook in the Marine Corps and a baker in civilian life so he's not so bad in the kitchen either.  Let me tell you he makes the best scrambled eggs I have ever eaten.  And I mean the BEST.  And French toast -- oh my how good.

Joe doesn't do as much cooking as he used to.  He has essential tremor which makes his hands shake (sort of like Parkinson's) so it's difficult for him to do things.  But last week on one of my late nights (Tuesday and Thursday I work till 8 p.m.) he was able to put some chicken on a cookie sheet, put barbecue sauce over it and put it in the oven.  When I came home all I had to do was make the veggies and dinner was ready.  And really good too.  Now that's what I call equal.



2 comments:

  1. When I turn my calendar, I think of you!
    Cute picture for this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the picture! I guess mine is an 'equal opp' too considering Crystal (my lhasa apso)sticks her nose into the fridge when I open it to get out dinner items.So nosey!
    That was so thoughtful of Joe.
    Actions like that (cooking,cleaning,laundry etc) say
    'I love you' more than any card or gift. When Russ walks our dogs & I get a few more minutes with my coffee or shower.....mmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.