Saturday, September 22, 2012

LAST SATURDAY OF VACATION

Know what I did today?  NOTHING!!  How lazy can you get?  It was just one of those days where I slept a lot.  I guess the long drive yesterday did me in.

We were going to cook out today, but we got a major thunderstorm.  Lightning, pouring rain, the whole thing.  So there went that idea.  But I did make my "world famous" potato salad and we had turkey burgers.  Joe had some ice cream for dessert.  He loves Moose Tracks and we found that Turkey Hill has one that is no sugar added.  The sugar is low enough that it doesn't bother his diabetes.  And Turkey Hill makes good ice cream.

I have tried for two days now to add a video to my blog so I could show you the ocean, but no luck.  It just runs and runs and never loads.  If anyone can tell me how to do it, please let me know.

I just got a phone call from my stepmom-in-law.  I got a little worried when she called at 10:30 p.m.  It turns out that she was out to dinner with her friends and had a major heart attack.  She is in the hospital in New Jersey.  She was too sick for them to bring her back to Philadelphia.  She will be there till at least Monday.  Don't know if they will let her go home then or if she will be transferred to a Philly hospital.  Please pray for her.  Her name is Mary Ann.  Thanks.

What a way to end my vacation.  One more day and I will be back to the grind at work.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got to have a lazy day...I ♥ those sometimes!

    Sorry to hear about your step-mom in law....I hope she makes a full recovery and feels better real soon.

    Hope you have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS--I have no idea how to post a video, but I would love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I empathize with Joe. I love Moose Trax too but can only eat soft-serve (Mr Softee) or frozen yogurt. I do not care for sherbet so I do not have many choices.
    I am glad you got a chance to be 'lazy'. I look at it as you resting your body.I think there;s something about mentally resting your body. It's like having a mental health day.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.