Tuesday, September 25, 2012

BACK TO WORK

I woke up this morning to the most beautiful sunrise.  I have to show you the view from my front door around 6:30 to 7:00 a.m.

 I'm trying really hard to stay organized now that I'm in the habit.  So I made sure the dishes were done and ironed some clothes for this morning.  Then I decided to have a nice fall breakfast with a pumpkin muffin.
I had never had one of Wawa's pumpkin muffins before.  It was really wonderful.

Work went fast.  I was glad.  I got just about everything done that I wanted to.  That's a good thing.  I thought after a week off  that I would have a hard time going back, but I really didn't.  I missed being home, but it wasn't all that bad.

It was chilly today.  I needed a jacket this morning.  That's the first time since June that I wore a jacket to work.  I guess fall is really here.

My friend Donna stuck her head in the workroom at lunch time and insisted I go out to lunch with her.  I had made lunch, so I grabbed that and we went to Checkers.  We both got drinks and apple pies and I got fries to go with my sandwich.  Then we sat in the car in the parking lot and ate.  It was really great seeing her and great getting out of the building.  I don't mind eating lunch at work, but it always ends up with someone calling to me that they need help with something.  It seems like I never get my whole lunch.  So leaving the building is a nice change.  No one can get ahold of me that way.

I was really tired when I got home, but managed to pull together dinner.  We had spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce.  It is so hard to cut the squash in half that I had to have Joe do it.  But it is well worth it to get to that yummy flesh inside.  It is one of our favorite meals.

I finally got everything printed out for our Bible Study tomorrow morning so now it's time for bed.  Good night, folks.
 

4 comments:

  1. I love fall weather! The brisk air seems to energize me.
    Thank you for the sunrise.The golds & yellows....way to paint a morning God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always hard to go back to work after spending time at home.

    Yes, Fall is in the air. We have that chill in the air over here in the Pacific Northwest, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are going good at work. Sounds like you are back in the swing of things!

    I've never tried spaghetti squash but always wanted to. Your meal sounds yummy. And that muffin looks so good!

    Here's to a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess if you have to be up and going to work that time of morning, it is always nice to see beautiful sunrises!

    Fall has been here for awhile. I'm beginning to think it's gonna make a dive straight into winter. Actually, I think it's supposed to warm up this week but our mornings have been so chilly. I've had the fires lit in the mornings for weeks now

    Glad you were able to enjoy your lunch. It's always nice to get away for a bit

    Have a good Tuesday my friend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.