Sunday, September 16, 2012

SIX YEARS AND COUNTING

Today started off beautiful.  Even the sunrise was great.

And it should have since today was our sixth wedding anniversary.  I remember it as if it was just a few weeks ago.  Can't believe it has been years!

I got up before Joe and made him our favorite breakfast -- fried potatoes and eggs.  I used up the last two blue potatoes and mixed in some white potatoes so that it looked really pretty.  Tasted good too.

While I was sitting in church this morning I was thinking, "Six years ago today I was walking up this aisle scared out of my mind!"  Yes, I really was.  I was shaking and my hands were like ice.

But after it was all over I calmed down and had a great time at the reception.  Our favorite picture of the day was taken not by the photographer, but by a friend of mine from work.  Go figure.


We skipped lunch after church and took a nap.  I was so tired from running all over the place yesterday that I really needed it.  We got up around 4:00 and got ready to go out.  Joe said he was taking me out for dinner, but I didn't know where.  We had talked about a number of places, but hadn't decided on exactly where we were going.  

We ended up going to King George II Inn in Bristol, PA.  The food was wonderful.  The service was wonderful.  The atmosphere was very romantic.  We looked out over the Delaware River and as the sun set and it got darker in the room they lit candles on each of the tables.  So nice.  We shared an appetizer of handmade pierogies.  I had had these at my sister's birthday dinner there.  They are out of this world.  I had a crab cake with mashed potatoes and green beans.  Joe had prime rib with mashed potatoes and green beans.  We also had these rolls that were SO GOOD.  We were both too stuffed for dessert.  Dessert?  I couldn't even finish the dinner!

It was pretty crowded when we went in, but by the end of the evening there was only one other table occupied.  Joe told the waiter it was our anniversary and asked if he would take our picture.  He was so nice and said he'd be delighted.  So here we are.


I think we've aged well.

It has been a wonderful day.  And the rest of the week is going to be fun too.

3 comments:

  1. The restaurant sounds great.I realize that the when places serve large portions you pay for them,however I've found 'doggie bags'make an excellent next day lunch!
    Sounds like you had a really relaxed day.Did you catch the sunset? It was all bright blue & gold swirls.Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aged?? You two don't look a day older!
    Happy Anniversary to both of you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!
    Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time going out!

    Your wedding picture was very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.