Tuesday, September 11, 2012

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

I have been late to work almost every day for over a month now.  Not a lot, just a few minutes, but late nevertheless.  I am DETERMINED to change this.

Today I set my alarm a half hour earlier than usual.  I got up, did my morning stuff, and left the house right on time.  I'm going to be on time today -- maybe even a little early.  So I'm zipping along, turn the corner onto the main street I take to work and stop dead.  For some reason the traffic isn't moving.  The guy in front of me is so aggravated he actually gets out of his car and looks up the street to see what is happening.

We creep along and 20 minutes later I call Joe on the car phone and say, "Guess where I am."  He said, "At work?"  I told him no, I was still in the neighborhood, less than a mile from home.  He couldn't believe it.  It turns out they were doing road construction about 2 miles down the road.  The police were letting one car go one way, the next car the other way.  And they wouldn't let anyone turn off onto the side streets because they were being worked on also.  So my 15 minute trip to work took over an hour.  I just can't seem to get to work on time.  Fortunately my boss understood and didn't make me take vacation time.

I should have enjoyed that down time in the car because I didn't have a moment to breathe once I got to work.  When I made up the schedule, I put myself on the desk only one hour because I have so much work to do straightening the shelves in the section that I shelve.  It turns out that I never got to that room at all.  There was so much paperwork, emailing, and phone work to do at my desk.  And people constantly interrupting me to ask me questions.  Besides that we are having our carpets cleaned and everything had to be up off of the floor before we left.  So I was going through boxes, bags, totes, etc.  What a job!  I was so tired I took a nap when I got home from work.

Some of you have asked what I plan to do on my vacation.  Sunday is my anniversary and Joe and I want to do something to celebrate.  However, money is very tight.  Bills were more than we expected this month, mostly to doctors.  So we were going to go to an expensive restaurant and then a concert, but we can't afford it.  Then we were going to go to a buffet, but wanted something a little more special than that.  Over and over we went with different things.  So as of right now we are planning on going to an affordable Japanese/Chinese restaurant (Joe wants Japanese food, I want Chinese and this place has both) and then to a movie.  We still have a couple of gift cards to an AMC theater so it's not going to cost us anything.

On Tuesday I got tickets for the show "Jonah" at Sight and Sound Theater in Lancaster.  So we will be heading out to that and then have dinner out there.

We also are planning on going to the shore one day.  It is an hour and a half away and once there we can walk the boards, go on the beach and eat at our favorite deli.

So I guess it's more of a stay-cation than a vacation, but anytime I am not at work is a vacation to me!  I am hoping to finish cleaning up the house, getting rid of some furniture and finish decorating for the fall.

Now it's almost 3:00 a.m.  Why do I post this time of day?  Because I fall asleep and when I wake up, I blog.  I know my sleeping patterns are way off.  Now I'll go to bed for a few hours and then get up and start my day.  No wonder I'm always late for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.