Sunday, September 2, 2012

T-SHIRT SUNDAY




P09-02-12_11.56.jpg
The day before Labor Day is t-shirt Sunday at the church I attend.  It's a fun time we have where everyone who has one wears their church t-shirt to morning service.  It started about three years ago when the Sunday before Labor Day a lot of people (including me) turned up for service in their t-shirts.  We hadn't planned it that way, it just happened.  Ever since then every Labor Day weekend we wear the shirts.



You can tell who wears their shirt a lot and who doesn't.  Bud's looked brand new.  Sydney's, on the other hand, was faded and hardly had any of the logo left.  I asked him what happened to his shirt's logo.  He said it had lo-gone!  Ha, ha, ha!

Since we have a new logo we are getting new shirts.  Almost everyone signed up to get one.  We have a lot of new people from last year so only 9 people had a blue shirt.  This way next year everyone that wants one will have it to wear.

Yesterday my friend, Debbie, and I went to Greensgrow Farm.  I'm getting back into the habit of going every other week like I used to.  I spent $14 which wasn't bad and got quite a lot.



I got four sweet potatoes, a candy onion (ever have one of those?  They are sweet like vidalias), a white eggplant, an heirloom tomato, four ears of corn, a head of boston lettuce (it's hydroponic) and an Asian pear.  Ever eat an Asian pear?  Its sort of a cross between a pear and an apple and so good.  I also got myself some flowers.  We had a salad of the lettuce, tomato and Asian pear for dinner last night.  It was great.

Well gotta run and get some stuff done around the house.  Enjoy your weekend everyone. And don't forget to enter my giveaway.  You have until midnight tomorrow and I will draw the winner on Tuesday morning.  Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to have T-shirt Sunday! And to think you were apart of it's beginnings. Funny how something like that starts out. Years from now when nobody remembers why or how but they will be wearing their T-shirts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.