Wednesday, September 12, 2012

NEVER FORGET

The 11th anniversary of the events that changed our country.  I bet that everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing when they heard about the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and Shwenksville.  Some things in life are just like that.  I remember being in 5th grade and hearing about President Kennedy being shot.  Some things you just remember.  And 9/11 is one of those things.  How sad that some people have no reverence for life.  How sad that some children have grown up without a parent.  And how sad that some parents have grown older without a child.  A husband or wife without a spouse.  Siblings without a brother or sister.

Last year I wrote in detail about where I was and what I was doing that day.  If you want to read about it, see here.

On a lighter note Joe began his new session of teaching the Bible study we host -- Tuesday Morning Fellowship.  We had nine people attend today including one new lady.  We started a study in James.  Everyone was getting into it, conversing, asking questions, answering questions.  It was great!  I always bring a treat and today I made another of the Amish Peach Long Cakes.  It was wonderful and everyone was complimenting me on it.  I had asked Pastor Justin to show up to meet the people who attend the study that he didn't know.  He did and everyone liked meeting him.

Next Sunday is our 6th wedding anniversary.  Every year I take that week off from work and we go away somewhere or do something special.  So as sort of a countdown I thought I would show you some pictures from the past years' vacation.  Today, being the 11th, I am sharing the first year.  We went to Ocean City, NJ.  It wasn't the greatest trip.  Joe got sick, we left the shore early to go to the doctor in Philly, got in a car accident and I ended up in the hospital.  But we made the best of it while we were away.

It was a very cold September.  This is 9/15/07.  If you look closely you can see a guy standing out on the pier.

A view of the sunset over the ocean on 9/15/07.
It was so cold that Joe bought himself this jacket.  He hadn't brought anything with him that was warm enough.

Here I am on our way to breakfast on our first anniversary 9/16/07.
There had just been a hurricane a few days before and the surf was still really rough.  You can see it crashing against the pier.

Another view of the waves.
Here is Joe right before we said let's leave here and go to see the doctor.  He was running a fever and feeling awful, but he doesn't look sick.
It was so cold and windy that the beach was empty.  The only people on the beach were this man and his child.

I am going to try again to post this.  The internet has gone down three times and it's been over 2 hours since I started this.  I lost the post twice, so here's hoping it works this time.  I really have to go to bed so I can get up for work tomorrow.  Hope you enjoy the pictures.  Can't wait until next week.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Anniversary trips! I love little mini vacations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Anniversary trip coming up goes great! Sorry to hear Joe got sick on the last one, and also sorry to hear about that car accident.

    I bet this next trip will be real nice!

    Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping yout Anniversary trip is everything you could hope for. Especially if you get to spend at least some time resting & lazing around.Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.