Friday, August 12, 2011

FRIDAY VIEWS

Yes, that is how I feel.  I am sooooo happy it is Friday and I don't have to go into work tomorrow.  My boss is on vacation next week, so hopefully I will have a week to get my feet under me and maybe feel a little more settled in my job before he returns.  It was better for me yesterday and today.  But I still have a lot of questions.  My first supervisor has been very helpful.  I have been calling her and emailing her with questions and she takes me through things step by step.

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my supervisor who just left.  But she left things in a mess.  I found books from 2008 and magazines from last November that were shoved on shelves in the workroom and never put out for people to take out.  There is no record of certain things, so I can't tell if we got them or not.  And she wouldn't let me do the supply order, so I don't know if any of our supplies were ordered for this month or how to do it if they weren't.

On the other hand, I'm getting really good at balancing the cash register log and getting money ready for a deposit.  Also the two girls I supervise are the greatest and we are getting along just fine.  They have lots of good ideas on how to make things better and I'm just fine with that.

So all in all the first week of my new job was hard, but getting better.  Thanks for listening to my rant last time.

Being on vacation, I haven't been food shopping for a couple of weeks and things were getting low, so I went on the way home.  I got crab cakes for dinner.  The ShopRite I go to makes their own out of lump crab and are they ever good.  I wanted to make zucchini and mushrooms to go with it.  But the funny part was I could not for the life of me remember the word "zucchini".  All I could think of was the British word for it "corgette".  I kept looking around thinking, "I'll know it when I see it."  That was so weird.

Off to the farm tomorrow.  Since I haven't been home, I haven't used the stuff from last time!  I am going to have to start making lots of veggie/fruit stuff this week.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad the girls you manage are working with you. It will get easier the more you do it. One thing about starting from scratch (i.e. supply ordering) is once you have a basic, you create the procedure. Here's to it all falling into place! I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture. It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.