Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A WEEK TO REMEMBER

What a week this has been.  It is my first week of being the supervisor.  It is much, much harder than I ever expected it to be.  A lot of that has to do with us being a person short and it being the last week of the summer reading program.  There is more work than we have manpower to do.  I hate being behind in everything.  I hate not knowing what I am supposed to do next.  I hate being the one telling the other people what needs to be done.  I hate having to do everybody else's work because there is so much no one can keep up and certain things have to be done.  I try not to stress anyone out too much.  And most of all I hate the head librarian constantly telling me what I've done wrong.  It's my first week, for goodness sake.  Let me learn my job.

I know a lot of this will get better as I get more comfortable in my position.  But I certainly didn't expect all of this.

OK, I've vented.  The next post will be more positive.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to managment. Now you know why I gave it up after 35 years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.