Friday, January 7, 2011

SNOW DAY


We woke up this morning to a coating of snow. Fortunately it wasn't a lot like last time, but just an inch, most of which is already gone. One of our friends slid a shovel across the pavement and made a path. Thanks, Nate! By this afternoon all of the snow on our pavement was gone and the concrete was actually dry. This makes me very happy!

We went food shopping this afternoon. It is one of my least favorite things to do since it usually takes 2 hours to get through the supermarket. Today was no exception. But we ended up saving almost $25 in coupons, so that was good. Food was getting scarce in this house. Now we are stocked up for the rest of the month.

We got a rotisserie chicken for dinner. I was so tired when I got home, so was very thankful for this. I made some baked potatoes and peas to go with it. I was able to eat some of the chicken and (surprise!) the small potato I made for myself. A couple of weeks ago I couldn't swallow a baked potato so this was a very pleasant surprise. I am so sick of instant mashed potatoes which has become a staple of my diet. The peas, however, were not agreeing with my throat. Just couldn't get them down. So my wonderful husband Joe helped out by finishing up my peas. Well I am doing better in my eating and that is a good thing.

Tomorrow we go to the farm to get our co-op share. The theme this week is breakfast. I will show you what I get in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.