Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A VISIT TO THE DOCTOR




Yesterday I went to see my oncologist for my regular checkup. It is the first time I've seen him since the surgery. He brought me in a month early because he wanted to make sure everything was OK with me. Dr. Bryansmith is such a good doctor and really keeps on top of all his patients. I am very fortunate to have such good doctors to take care of me.

He was very pleased with what he saw. He says the incisions are healing right on target. He told Joe and me that he also has scars from the adhesive from his surgery. He didn't know he was allergic to adhesive until he had to have bandages. So he was very sympathetic with what was going on with my skin. He also thought I was ahead of schedule with what I can eat. Probably in another 2 months I will be able to eat just about everything.

The only problem was that my iron level was low. The normal hemoglobin count is 11 to 15. I was right on 11.0. I feel my best at 13.0 and above. This is why I am so tired and still take naps during the day. He told me that this is normal after surgery, that the body puts all its energy to healing and not to getting the blood up to par. I see him again May 5th and he expects everything to be back to normal by then. I sure hope so.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news about your checkup. Glad everything is going well for you.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Suzanne. Welcome to my blog. I love reading yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are right on schedule as far as your healing goes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.