Sunday, January 2, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year, everyone!  Hope everyone had a safe night last night.  I did what I swore not to do.  I fell asleep on the sofa watching TV.  Joe came downstairs a few minutes before midnight and kissed me.  That woke me up.  So we saw the new year in and then went back to bed.

I've been watching the Rose Bowl Parade this morning.  I will watch the end of the Mummers' Parade this afternoon.  The string bands are always at the end and that is my favorite part.


We usually have our friends Carole and Walt over for dinner on New Year's Day, but I just wasn't up to it this year.  Instead they came over after dinner for dessert.  I had some apples and cranberries I had to use up so I made a pie.  I couldn't eat it, but everyone raved about it.  Joe said it was "slamming" and Carole said I had outdone myself.  : )

--------------------------------
I tried to post this yesterday, but the internet went out and I couldn't get back on to save, post, nothing.  So this is really supposed to be the post for the first, not today.  Oh well.  That's how it goes sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. Great photos of those Mummers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are from Memorial Day, but Mummers are Mummers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your pie was really good!
    Happy New Year to you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.