Friday, October 18, 2019

ARE YOU READY FOR DINNER? -- ROASTED CHICKPEAS




Hello, friends!  I have a new recipe for you this week.  Only it really isn't a dinner recipe, it's a snack.  And don't worry if you don't like chickpeas (or garbanzo beans as some call them).  You will like these, I promise.

I saw this recipe on the vlog "Shelly's Home Life" and knew I had to try them.  Then when I was given a can of chickpeas I was SURE I had to try to make them.  So here's what I did.

Take a can of chickpeas.


Drain them and rinse them in cold water.




Place the drained chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat.




Bake at 450* for 30 minutes.




Transfer to a mixing bowl.




Stir together 2 teaspoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon 1-1/2 teaspoons of brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of sugar or sugar substitute in a small bowl.





Add to the roasted chickpeas and stir together.




Enjoy hot or cold as a snack.




Store in a covered container at room temperature.  



These are good the day you make them, but will store 3 or 4 days.  I had to make myself stop eating them.  I could eat the entire thing in one sitting.  These are going to be my new go to snack.

 (I had a video here of Shelly making them, but it has been removed.)


One thing I noticed is once I put them in the jar and sealed it, the warm chick peas began to soften.  Next time I will leave them open until they are completely cool so that they stay crisp.

I hope you try this.  Enjoy!

Kathy

11 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting... However I don't cook/bake like you do so have almost none
    of the ingredients listed. I miss more recipes that way :( Sounds good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something I've never eaten! Sounds like a healthy snack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never eaten them either, but am sure they are good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, sounds rather tasty. Thank you for the recipe. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...interesting!

    I like to make hummus with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate chick peas, but I've learned to love garlic hummus so you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look yummy, and I always have cans of chick peas in the pantry. I will definitely be giving them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure I'd like them. I buy roasted chickpeas when I see them at a discount store....they are way too expensive at an regular grocery. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.