Thursday, July 19, 2018

JOE'S TEMPERATURE BLANKET (UPDATED)


Hello, friends.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

After a long four (?) months I am finally finished with the temperature blanket I made for Joe's birthday.  It began on the day he was born and ended on his first birthday.  I went to Weather Underground to get the temperatures for the entire year.  What a big job this was.  I am still weaving in the ends from changing colors, but even that is almost done.  So here is the blanket in all its glory.

May 20-31, 1958

June 1958

July 1958

August 1958


September 1958

October 1958

November 1958

December 1958

January 1959

February 1959

March 1959

April 1959

May 1-20, 1959

I don't think I will ever do one this way again.  It is large.  Very, very large.  About 9 or 10 feet long (approximately 3 meters long).  And very thick and heavy.  Joe says it is perfect for winter when he will double it and have a very warm blanket.  I'm glad he likes it.


Update:
I took the high temperature for each day and knit a row that color,
     Color meanings:
          90-99 degrees - light blue
          80-89 degrees - aqua blue
          70-79 degrees - light green
          60-69 degrees - dark green
          50-59 degrees - pool blue
          40-49 degrees - delft blue
          30-39 degrees - country blue
          20-29 degrees - white
     The navy stripes separated the months.

9 comments:

  1. Wowsie! That's some blanket! That should keep him toasty throughout the whole cold weather season. I don't blame you for not wanting to make another one that long. I give you credit though. You stuck with it till it was finished. Awesome! You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kathy, That was a lot of work. Such pretty colors. I am glad Joe liked it too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty and you did beautiful work. Joe will never be cold again if he uses that blanket. I dont really understand the temperatures related but know it has meaning for you and him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was quite the project! It's so neat!! I agree, it does sound perfect for a cold winter, we certainly do get those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now he can snuggle up in his blanket right next to the air-conditioner! Kathy this was a labor of love in a long hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... that is HUGE!! It really is beautiful! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one big blanket! So beautiful & I know it'll keep Joe warm.Plus it has all the love you wove into it.Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a work of art my friend and I know he loves it. Perfect for stretching out on the sofa when it's cold outside! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. now that's a one warm wrap around blanket for Joe! Would be big enough to keep both of you warm. Now I'm going to crawl in bed under my blanket even though it's warm outside, the a/c is on in the house! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.