Friday, September 1, 2017

CLOSING OUT AUGUST


The year, and this month in particular, has flown by.  The biggest thing that happened in August was the birth of little Hadley Jeanne who is the sweetheart of her entire family.  

I met my friends Donna and Carol for lunch at East Coast Wings and Grill.  We had a great time.  Today we are going to Chick-Fil-A for lunch.  It's so nice we can get together once a month.

Joe has spent a lot of time at the V.A. Hospital with various ailments.  Poor guy.  He's down with an upper respiratory infection today.  I hope he's OK for our anniversary in two weeks.

I've been sick too.  Those URI's really can knock you for a loop.  So glad it's over now.  And now it's the torn tendon in my arm.  Still not good, but getting there.

And then there was the eclipse.  I have always been fascinated with astronomy so this was wonderful to me.

I started a new series on the blog too of photos from my friend, Sarah.  She's so good and very appreciative that people like her work since she is an amateur. 

Here's the August view of my temperature afghan.  Over half done now.  You can see all the pink (80*F days) and red (90*F days) but now there is also some yellow (70*F) and one light green (60*F).  I guess this shows the cooling of the seasons.  I'm sure there's still a lot of pink days to go, though.  It doesn't really get cool until the middle to end of October.


My Breathtaking Views calendar is showing the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO.  I've always wanted to see this in person.  Maybe someday.


That's it for this month.  Hello, September!

 


12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear Joe hasn't been well nor you either. Bummer! Hope ya all heal up. We're experiencing a heat wave this weekend. Smoke in the air from fires still here and now I'm wearing glasses instead of contac lenses. I saw the arch some years ago while in MO. Got lost on way back to airport so there it was. A view from the car before we got to airport. What's a trip without getting lost!? Enjoy your lunch with friends. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky. I had a fun lunch. Joe is getting better. I finally got him to take his antibiotics.

      Delete
  2. Your afghan is beautiful! I love the History of all the temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your temps, Kathy! And I hope you and Joe have a better month health wise! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. I'm looking forward to seeing how the end of the afghan turns out.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed seeing your afghan and it is coming along nicely. I have been to the arch and it is really fascinating. hope you get to go one day. also hoping and praying that Joe is better very soon, and that you have a nice labor day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I hope I get to see the arch one day too.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful Afghan Kathy, I love the pattern and colors.
    Sending healing wishes your way, I hope you and Joe feel better real soon .
    Hugs
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The afghan is fun because I have no idea what it will look like.

      Delete
  6. Love the afghan! I agree..hello September!! I really enjoy the 'brr' months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. I will have to show you the afghan in person.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.