Sunday, June 12, 2016

THE FIRST ANNUAL MEN'S BREAKFAST

Today was the Men's Breakfast at church.  I had ordered food for 15 but only 6 men showed up.  I was told they still had an awesome time.

I decorated the bulletin board with a graphic I found on google.


My friend, Donna, was the only one available to help me set up.  I was so glad I didn't have to do it on my own because it was a lot of work.

I made a fruit salad.  It went over so well last week for the pastors that I made another one.  There is some left over so I will put it out during Fellowship Hour tomorrow.


There were also a lot of bagels and muffins left over so I will freeze them and use them for next week.  Everything will be used up.  I think I will divide up the eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes and get people to take them home for breakfast on Monday.


The guys trickled in and finally they were all there.



They opened in prayer...


And then it was time to eat!


At that point Donna and I left.  We were headed to another church which was having a strawberry festival.  I dropped her off, but couldn't find parking anywhere.  On top of that, I was almost out of gas.  So I went to get gas and just made it.  I think I was running on fumes by then.

After I got gas I went back to the church and drove around awhile, still not finding parking so I just went home.  I'm sorry I couldn't get there because Donna called later and told me what a good time she had.

I had quite a surprise today.  I got a call from Tennessee from a guy who had found my phone that I lost there in February.  He said he had found it today in his front lawn.  Someone must have thrown it there.  He is going to mail it back to me so I will get all my phone numbers back and the pictures I have on it.  I am very happy.  What's the chances?  Of course I deactivated it months ago and no one had used it at that time, so it was worthless to whoever found it.  This guy had found the phone's phone number and called it hoping I had the same number on my new phone which, of course, I did.  I'll let you know when it comes.  It wasn't anywhere near where I lost it.

So that's all for now.  I have to go to bed so I can get up for church tomorrow.  Have a good night everyone.


Kathy

3 comments:

  1. The breakfast looks delicious! Hopefully the men enjoyed the fellowship. WOW! how about your phone? That is truly a story. Wish the phone could talk...ha ha!
    Looking forward to seeing you in church. woof

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, That looked like a truly great breakfast. Glad the fellows could make. Sorry you missed the good time with your friend. Your phone story is unbelievable. It was so kind of the fellow to send it back to you. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.