Thursday, June 2, 2016

MARIANNE STORIES #25

May 27
Disaster in the kitchen! Can't believe the mess with a recipe I tried, a basic chocolate chip recipe from the bag of Ghirardelli 60% chocolate morsels, large. The recipe was a little different from others I have tried. I was cleaning out the pantry and wanted to use up some ingredients. The dough spread, the tablespoon measurement was way off because I tried a teaspoon and then 1/4 tsp which worked out the best. Cookies stuck to the pan, and I couldn't get them off. Breakage and stickiness at the same time. This has happened to me only once before in which an entire effort goes bad. On the plus side, they are incredibly delicious, but messy. Never again. Throwing this recipe out! 

6 comments:

  1. sometimes disasters are most delicious!!!
    I have made many batches of fudge that had to be eaten with a spoon, ahem,,,just saying lol,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy!
    Hahaha!
    Sounds like some cookies Miss V and I made around Christmas time!!!
    One big pan of cookie!
    Stick to the old standards,eh?
    Enjoy your day...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy...oh what a waste of cookies. Waaa. My oldest daughter made a pizza like that once. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've all had this happen,though with me it's usually a dinner where the recipe has been in error. Sometimes this results in a whole new meal idea! messy but good.
    Have a rainbow day! woof

    ReplyDelete
  5. It DOES sound like one of those Delicious Disasters that you just heap all that fudgy warm goodness on a platter, scoop on several kinds of ice cream, drizzle on a little whatever kind of Hershey's or Nestle's syrup or sauce you've got in the pantry, hand out spoons and all gather round, and LO! A perennial party favorite is born.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.