Wednesday, February 13, 2013

BACK TO BIBLE STUDY

Joe is doing so much better.  I keep saying to him, "My Joe is back."  His sugar is still low, but he is eating regularly and keeping it up.  He is enjoying eating the sugary treats he loves but hasn't been able to in several years.  I'm thinking because he recently lost 65 pounds that maybe his medicine doesn't need to be taken in the same dosage as in the past.  Or maybe he can just control his diabetes by diet as he did in the past.  In any case he is getting an appointment with his doctor to get this checked out.

I made strawberry cupcakes for Bible study this morning.  They turned out so good.  The cake is nice and light and I topped the white icing with red sugar.  Everyone liked them.  I'm not a cake decorator so they certainly looked homemade, but the taste more than made up for the looks.  I took the left overs to work and they went quickly.
Our treat table at Bible Study
 Joe even felt well enough to attend and help teach.  I did the majority of the teaching this week because he wasn't up to it, but he contributed a great deal.  And he's looking and feeling so much better.  Pastor Justin was really surprised to see him.
Joe in the "teacher's chair" looking good.
 Can you believe how well he looks?  I am totally amazed.  God is so good.

At the end of the study Pastor Justin came in to say hello to everyone.  I asked him to take a picture of us since I had my camera with me.  It's a shame that three people were missing today, but here we are.
Dottie, Charlie, me and Joe
 I am making copies of the picture for everyone for next week.  I still might get another one with all of us before Charlie moves to Kansas the first of April.
 

7 comments:

  1. The Strawberry s cupcakes look so yummy! so glad Joe is doing better!! Thanks for reminding me... for us Lent starts today...Ash Wednesday! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe looks great! I didn't realize he'd lost that much weight...I guess his meds may need adjusting.
    Hopefully it can be controlled with diet.
    I LOVE strawberry! Sorry I missed them.The picture of everyone turned out neat. It is always nice to have a group shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you being there, Deb. Hopefully you will be in the next picture I take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Joe looks great.
    The weight loss and be healthy again will do it. How did he loose the weight?

    If you keep making delicious looking goodies and posting them, I will start gaining weight. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all will have a HAPPY Valentine's Day now!!! Glad he is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your husband is feeling better. Never fun when husband is sick. Thanks for becoming one of my followers on my blog. Much appreciated. I hope you enjoy reading it. My husband grew up in Indiana, PA so we've been there a few times. Nice state and sometimes wished we lived there. He said he doesn't want to shovel snow! I wouldn't blame him. Glad you didn't get much snow. Take care and hope to see you around on my blog...leave a comment, which I enjoy, hearing from my followers. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe looks so different! So glad he's feeling better.

    Those cupcakes look and sound so good! YUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.