Saturday, February 9, 2013

A LAZY DAY

And don't we all need one now and then.  I couldn't sleep last night.  I get those kinds of nights every now and then.  I stayed downstairs so I wouldn't wake Joe up and watched TV until I finally got tired around 4 a.m.  I then woke up at 6 a.m. and stayed up until around 9:30 a.m. when I fell asleep again and slept all day.  Yes, you read that right -- ALL DAY.  I woke up around 3:00 p.m. and feel like I could go back to sleep now, but it's almost 7:00 p.m. and I have to make dinner.

At least I'm having an easy dinner tonight.  I have some ground turkey and just didn't feel like having turkey burgers again.  So I am making my version of Sloppy Joes.  I brown the meat, season it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried onions and Italian herbs.  Then I pour a can of tomato soup over it, heat it all up and serve it on top of toast.  I haven't made it in a long time but I remember it being really good.

We were so fortunate with the blizzard that passed through the northeastern U.S. last night.  We got about an inch of snow and it was so warm today that I didn't even have to clean off the car -- it all melted.  What a relief that we were on the southern edge of the storm.  But my sisters and brother did not make out so well.  I am very concerned for them.  I am going to have to call them to make sure they are OK.  They have all been on facebook today so I am assuming that all is well with them.

I have been reading so many new blogs and have begun following a few new ones.  It's always fun to meet new people and read new blogs.  I'm also going back and reading through some blogs from the beginning which is fun also.  It's interesting to see kids growing up quickly and getting to know the backgrounds to some of the stories.

Well, time to make dinner, so I'm off for tonight.  I'll be back tomorrow with my Chinese New Year post.  Until then...  

2 comments:

  1. Turkey burgers sound so good right now! ...glad that storm went past you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipes always sound so yummy! Can't wait for the Chinese
    post.The celebrations are always so colorful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.