Wednesday, November 9, 2011

REMEMBER ME?

It has been a good long while since I have been able to post.  We are having trouble with our internet service.  And when we do get on, Joe has been jumping on the computer and then I fall asleep before he gets off.  I am at work now, taking a quick 5 minute break and wanted to let you know I am still alive.

Yesterday was election day.  The library is a polling place.  There is always someone who walks in and asks where the voting booths are even though they are in plain sight.  Yesterday was no exception.  A woman walked in, walked around the building, then came back to the front desk and asked if this was the polling place.  Yes, I said.  "Then where are the booths?" she asked.  I said, "Right behind you."  She turned around, stared right at the big blue curtains and said, "I don't see them.  Could you please point them out to me?"  I told her to walk straight ahead and she would see them.  When she came out to leave, she was very embarrassed and said, "If that was a lion, I would have been eaten!"  But at least she was nice and polite.  Not like in other years when we have had people screaming at us.

Joe had the first meeting of his Senior Citizens' Group on Monday.  He expected one person to show up and four did.  They had a really good discussion, but not on the topic he had anticipated.  He just let the conversation flow and it turned out really good.  I made cranberry muffins for them and they all loved them.  I found out that three people in the group has diabetes, so I will be making sugar-free treats for them from now on.  I have a lot of ideas for that.  Please pray for Joe that this group becomes a real support for each other and that the members would come to know the Lord as savior.

Joe also asked me to ask you to pray for his 7-year-old nephew, Stephen, who has an immune dificency disorder.  He has to have hemoglobin infusions every month in order to stay alive.  The family is having a fundraiser this weekend because the treatments are so expensive and are not covered by insurance.  Thank you.  We really appreciate it.

My time is up and I have to get back to work.  Till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.