Wednesday, August 24, 2011

THE WEDNESDAY GARDEN

After the earthquake and crazy day yesterday I wanted some calm before I went to work this morning.  So I went out into my yard and took some pictures for you to see how things are coming along.

The impatients I bought at the farm...


... and the vinca I bought in Lancaster are doing well.


Unfortunately my other two impatients died.  I'm trying to coax one back to life, but we'll see.

My coleus and the other plant whose name I don't know that I got in Lancaster are also doing well.




My earthbox has herbs:  parsley, rosemary and chives.


My roses are beautiful.  I have to get out there and deadhead them this weekend, though.




Lastly, take a look at my tomatoes.  They are getting big and doing well.



Pretty soon they will be ready to pick like this one Joe brought in yesterday.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy!! Love all the stuff growing in your yard!

    I was thinking about you...you guys are right in the path of Hurricane Irene!! Are you doing anything to prepare? I pray that you stay safe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are in Irene's path. There is really nothing to do to prepare. Our house is sound and we have food in, so guess we'll just ride it out. Thanks for thinking of me. Guess I'll pick those tomatoes early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Goodness! Duck and Cover!
    I'll be praying for you and the rest of the country in Irene's way.

    Glad you took pictures of your garden. Just in case they get blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We heard about the earthquake ... pretty strange for the East Coast! I have relatives in Ellsworth & Bentlyville, PA and a niece in Maryland, so we were paying attention; LOL

    And now I woke up today to hear about a hurricane heading that direction: LORD HAVE MERCY :-)

    I enjoyed the pics you shared - thanks!

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Earthquakes, hurricanes... It's just another day in the life of a Philadelphian. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful garden! I miss having fresh tomatoes :-( Glad you're safe after all the recent excitement down there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! You must have a green thumb. I've never been able to grow anything. My mother and grandmother can look at plants & flowers and they grow. Makes me so mad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.