Monday, January 24, 2011

THE SICK AND SOME BREAD PUDDING

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for Joe.  He is much better today.  His fever broke and he actually got up to eat breakfast today.  He was up for awhile, and said he did not feel sick at all.  I sent him back to bed for some more rest.  We really appreciate the love that people feel for us.

As for my dad-in-law, he has been moved to ICU and since he has been there is doing much better.  The entire family has been in and out of the hospital to visit except for us.  We didn't want him to get whatever it is that Joe has had.  I think the family assume Dad is going to die soon.  I don't think so.  I did the other day, but he is so much better now.

The day before Dad got moved to ICU he asked me for some of my bread pudding.  So I made it and took it to him.  Don't know if he ever got a chance to eat it because he was really sick that night.  Here is a picture of it when it first came out of the oven.
 It is my great-grandmother's recipe and, in fact, it is my great-grandmother's casserole dish it is baked in.  I think it might have been the only piece of Pyrex she owned and it is still in perfect condition.  Not a chip in it.

I love this bread pudding.  It is all gone now.  I am going to have to make some more for myself.

2 comments:

  1. I have never tasted bread pudding. Yours looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you could eat bread, I would make it for you. It's an egg custard with bread and cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.