Sunday, January 30, 2011

A SURPRISE BOUQUET

We went to church this morning even though it was icy.  Not many people showed up, but that was certainly understandable.  It was not nice to either walk or drive.

After church we had to stop for a couple of things at the supermarket and then made our way (very carefully) home.  When we pulled up someone had shoveled snow in front of our parking space and we couldn't get in.  Joe got out, went into the house, got the shovel and started digging out the street so I could park.

I had just gotten my car into the space when a truck pulled up in front of our house.  A man got out and asked if we lived here.  Joe said yes.  He said, "Are you Joseph?"  Again Joe said yes.  He then handed Joe an Edible Arrangement.  My sister had sent it to us with a nice note that said "With my deepest sympathy on the loss of your dad and all you two are going through right now.  Love, Elaine."  It was very sweet of her to do that.  Joe called to thank her.  She said flowers would only be thrown away and she wanted to do something nice for only us.  So we had fruit for lunch.  Of course I took pictures before we started pulling it apart.  Thank you, Elaine.  You are the best sister anyone could ever have.



4 comments:

  1. You have the BEST CREATIVE sister in the world!!!!!!! I would never have thought of doing that. What a sweet thing to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she is. I am so glad God blessed me with Elaine for my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,
    I am glad to hear that all went well the other day. Now you two
    can be at peace to greive in your own way.
    Elaine was so thoughtful in choosing that
    gift! It looks sooo delicious! Enjoy!
    Love,prayers & hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about peace. Joe was attacked again last night. But it will all work out. I told him to not even give them an answer. Deb, thanks so much for the card you sent. That was so thoughtful. People like you and Rusty help us to go on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.