Friday, December 31, 2021

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!

 This past Wednesday I became older.  Well, every day I'm a day older, but this was my birthday.  I am now officially older than dirt.  Ha, ha!  It was a nice day though. 

I slept in, had a nice breakfast, watched some TV and then got ready to go to the nursing home where Joe was preaching.  I am taking lots of precautions in there and staying 6 feet or more from any of the patients.  Before Covid I used to go up to each of them, hold their hands and talk to and/or pray with them.  Now I stay my distance.

After the service was over, we drove to our favorite Japanese restaurant.  I'm still not feeling terrific, but I wanted to do SOMETHING to celebrate the day.  I figured that Japanese food is very light and wouldn't lay in my stomach and make me sick.  I was right.

Joe ordered a beef bento box.  It came with miso soup and a salad.  In the box was a seasoned beef with onions, shrimp and vegetable tempura, fried potato balls, rice, and sushi.  It looked really good, but I could never eat that much food.  I did steal a broccoli tempura though. Yum.

I ordered vegetable yaki soba.  I have not been eating enough veggies and this just hit the spot.  The noodles are very fine and made out of buckwheat.  It had mushrooms, scallions, carrots, broccoli, onions and green peppers in it.  And best of all it did not upset my stomach.  I ate about half of it and brought the rest home.

We had eaten rather early, so we waited awhile until we were hungry enough for cake.  I finished up the birthday cake my sister had given to me on Christmas.

It was a great day.

Joe gave me four gifts:  a silver and marcasite watch, a beautiful necklace and matching earrings, and what he went into the jewelry store for the other day.  A beautiful turquoise butterfly ring.  Without even knowing my ring size, he got a ring that fits me perfectly.  I love it.


And now it's back to real life and to New Year's Eve.  We have nothing planned for the evening.  I had recorded "The Sound of Music" when it was on a couple of weeks ago and I think we might watch that.  Or "Frozen" which was on last night but we didn't have time to watch.

Before I end this, I want to thank you for being a reader this past year.  Your comments and support mean a great deal to me.  I hope all of you have a wonderful New Year.  Happy 2022 to you all.

Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Happy New Year, Kathy! 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! We enjoy Japanese food too. I really enjoy the shrimp and veggie Tempura. Sounds like a good birthday and you had cake. Perfect ending. Your Joe is very thoughtful...lovely gifts. Covid has changed how we do a lot of things but it was so gracious of you to support Joe at the nursing home. I'm sure the residences were glad to see you. Have a happy and blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. Belated Happy Birthday! I am so glad you had a nice day. Joe gave you some thoughtful and beautiful gifts. So glad you got to go with Joe to the nursing home, even though you could not really get close to the patients. I hope that you and Joe have a very Happy New Year! Love to you both from Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! You don't look older than dirt! I am glad that you enjoyed the Japanese food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year
    Happy birthday
    Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 🎂 Birthday to you from Patrick and myself, Kathy, and we hope that you and Joe have a Happy 2022. We enjoyed our first meet-up in 2021; perhaps one day it will happen again as we return to Lancaster a couple of times a year. Your birthday gifts looked beautiful and Joe made some great selections. Glad to read that you were able to enjoy your birthday dinner out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a nice birthday! I doubt I could finish what Joe had though it looked good. I'd have ordered what you did. Love noodles & veggies! Your gifts are beautiful! Joe is so sweet.I was sound asleep before midnight & slept through any noise. Guess I'll start new today. Wishing you & Joe a safe,healthy & happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Kathy...looks like you had a very happy celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, Happy Birthday and Happy New Year's to you and Joe! What lovely birthday gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday sweet friend! Oh, Joe finds you the most perfect gifts...year round. I love the butterfly ring! Happy New year to you both! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.