Monday, December 13, 2021

THE CHRISTMAS CAFE


 Hello, friends!  December is rolling right along.  And I have so much to do!

Last night we had our annual Christmas Cafe at church.  I love going to this each year.  Each one is different.  This year we just had music on a cd player, great food, wonderful fellowship, and a marvelous Christmas carol sing-along.  So much fun.  I took some pictures to show you, so here we go.

The tables were decorated so pretty!  The tables with green tablecloths had trees with red decorations and the tables with red tablecloths had trees with gold decorations.  There were also jingle bells, sugar plums and pine cones.


Everybody brought some food.  Pastor made warm mulled cider and some kind of punch with strawberries and plums.



As you can see, there was plenty to eat.  Such a variety!



If you didn't want punch or cider, there was tea and coffee.



The pound cake was a big hit.



Maybe we should have eaten AFTER we sang.  We were pretty full when we started.



I made chocolate chip cookies.



We just sat at the tables to sing.  We have Christmas song books which makes it easy to choose our favorites.






Usually we take a ride around the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights, but I wasn't feeling all that well so we just came home.  In fact, today I woke up with a migraine.  So that was probably working on me last night.  I was able to sleep it off so that was good.

Hope you enjoyed seeing this.  I'll be back soon.

Until later,

Kathy






9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Your Christmas Cafe looked like a lot of fun. I saw the Youtube you made of it too. I hope you are feeling better now. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look so good! I hope you feel much better today, you always do so much for others! Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas cafe looks like it was a lot of fun! Our church also had its Christmas party last night. The deaconesses provided the ham and drinks and everyone brought a dish and/or dessert and church members shared their musical talents. Pastor read The Little Match Girl. This is my first Christmas back in a traditional church in 10 years so I am just loving every minute and it was great to have my husband and parents with me. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your night and then sleep off the migraine today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you and Joe had a good time at the Christmas cafe. I'm sure the food was delicious. I was hoping women would have a mug or ornament exchange at church but not this year nor lady year. I miss it. Praying thwtbyour migraine headaches go away and not return at all. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos! It was a lot of fun. The food was out of this world delicious. Maybe because it was seasoned with fellowship.Hope you stay feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun event! Everything looks so festive and the food so good too. Glad you could go. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like your Christmas cafe had a good variety of crackers, meats, cheese, candy and desserts. It's always fun to get together to sing Christmas songs. I'm sorry you were starting to get a migraine during the festivities. I've had that happen too. Rest up now and I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see the photos, Kathy, Nd read about this event of fellowship. It’s good that and Joe were able to get out and attend. Hope the migraine lessened up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your church fellowship is closely knitted. I am sure that you enjoy the relationships and the time spent together in worship and visiting. Here's to no more migraines!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.