Thursday, December 9, 2021

I'M HERE


 Hello, friends!  I love this picture, but I am so glad that there is no snow here in Philly.  Snow is not my friend.  Neither is the cold.

Sorry I haven't been around lately.  I have been sick.  So sick that I went to the Emergency Room and sat eight hours to get to see someone.  They took blood and all kinds of tests.  I am better, but going to see one of my doctors today.

In the last few weeks I have seen my cardiologist twice (and had several tests), my gastroenterologist (and have to go have some tests), two different dentists (one for an extraction and one for a filling and cleaning), and today the oncologist.  It has not been fun.  My arm is full of bruises from all the IVs.  

As a result I have been having some depression.  So nothing is done for Christmas.  I feel that if I do SOMETHING it will make me feel better.  And my house is a real mess because again I have done NOTHING.  I am trying to encourage myself to get up and do something rather than just sit here.  I tell myself that I will feel better if things are clean.

I have been keeping up with my YouTube because I filmed a lot of stuff ahead of time.  But now I have run out of footage and am behind.  I have determined to do some decorating today and filming it so I have something to post.

Enough of being a downer.  I do have some pictures to show you, so let's do that.

Believe it or not I had one rose left in my garden.  I brought it in and kept it for about a week before it gave out.  But I so enjoyed it.




This past Sunday my sister made a visit to Philly.  I was so glad to see her.  We went to East Coast Wings & Grill for lunch.  I meant to take pictures of our meals but we were so busy talking and having a good time that I forgot.  I did get a picture of the Christmas lights they had up in the eating area.


We got pub bites for an appetizer.  Love those things.  Little Philly soft pretzel bites.


Joe got a cheeseburger and sweet potato fries.  Elaine and I got wings and fries.  They gave us so many fries that I brought two boxes of them home and have been heating them up and eating them here.

So that's what has been going on.  Don't give up on me.  I will post some other things soon.

Until later...

Kathy






14 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, So sorry you are sick. I totally understand how being sick can get you down. I hope that today you are feeling good enough to decorate so your spirits can feel uplifted. I will pray for you. I have been watching your Youtube channel and enjoying that. Please let us know how you are doing. I will tell you that one Christmas when I was feeling very down due to family situations, reading your blog really uplifted and helped me a lot, so know that you do have an impact on others in a positive way. Take care and get better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, thanks so much for your prayers and your kind words. It helps to know I am a positive influence. That's why I do what I do.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you are having so many health issues. Not fun at any time of year, but especially not now. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you feel better soon. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you've had such a hard time...glad your sister got to visit. I know that made you feel better. Take care and feel better soon. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I'm so very sorry you aren't feeling well.....especially this time of year. Sitting in the emergency room for 8 hours is a HUGE stress. I know you want to clean but take it easy and be extra kind to yourself. Really, I will lift you up in prayer each day. Your blog is fun to read and very uplifting. Kathy's Happy Home is full of interesting videos. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, Don't worry about a messy house. You can't clean it right now and it is more important that you rest and take care of yourself as best you can. I am so glad you sister was able to visit with you. Put on some Christmas music and just enjoy the moment. We'll never give up on you Kathy. You are an inspiration to many of us. I sure hope the doctors can help you and I cannot imagine sitting in an ER for 8 hours when not feeling well. I am so sorry for that. Best wishes on feeling better Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you had to sit in an emergency room for 8 hours. That had to be frustrating. I hope all those tests and blood they took can give you some answers so you can get on the road to feeling better. If you get to feeling a bit better how about putting out a small tabletop tree with lights? A little Christmas decorating might lift your spirits. Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 8 hours when you don't feel well? Sorry you had to go through that. Hope after all test results are in the doctors can help you.You need to take care of yourself & rest. What are decorations if you're too exhausted to enjoy them? Please, just relax & enjoy the holiday. (There were no decorations on the first Christmas & that went okay).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sending prayers for your health and happiness. It is so hard to be sick at the holidays, so much to do. I too am dealing with depression this season. We have not seen our grandson since march. My heart breaks and tears flow. All out of my control and so hard to smile and pretend the holidays are jolly. I pray for all who have a hard time this holiday, may God comfort our hearts and provide for our needs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully you get some test results and start to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not feeling well can certainly lead to depression at any time of year, Kathy, but always seems the worst around the holidays. We are keeping you and Joe in our thoughts and hope you will be feeling better in time. That wait in the hospital ER was incredibly long.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's not easy to accomplish anything when feeling under the weather. Praying for better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.