Saturday, December 18, 2021

THE COFFEE CALENDAR


 

Hello, friends. Hope you are having a wonderful Advent season. It is going much too quickly for my liking. I'm not nearly ready. Mostly because I have been so sick.

I bought a tea advent calendar for us. We opened one box each day. I thought I was ordering a black tea calendar and expected things like Earl Grey, English Breakfast Tea, Constant Comment, etc.  Instead, I was sent an organic chai and green tea calendar.  I didn't realize it until I had opened and tried some of them and then I couldn't send it back. I truly dislike chai, green and peppermint tea and that was the majority of it.  Finally, I decided to quit using it.  It was just too much.  (Joe didn't like them either.)

On one of the YouTube channels that I watch (Blessed Jess) I saw a Keurig coffee Advent calendar.  I don't drink coffee, but Joe loves it.  So I got one for him as a late Advent gift.  We got it a couple of days ago.


Each coffee pod is hidden behind a cardboard door.  The picture inside is beautiful.


The first pod was a Green Mountain Holiday Blend.


Joe brewed it up and it was very strong!  He did not like it at all.  I thought, "Another disaster."  He ended up throwing the cup away.  I suggested since we were so far into Advent that he open up day two.  It was a Donut House regular blend.  And that one he liked.  (Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of it or the next one.)

Today he opened the third day and it was a McDonald's McCafe Premium Blend.  He said it was delicious.  Hurray, the calendar isn't a total waste.

I've learned my lesson and will not be buying a tea calendar next year.  Maybe cookies?  Candy?  Perfume?  But I will buy another coffee calendar for Joe.

Hope you are having a great week and I'll see you soon.

Kathy




9 comments:

  1. If I had a Keurig (I don't) I think I'd like to try the coffee one. I agree with you about the black teas. Not a fan of the others. I'm cautious about the cocoa boxes too. Not a fan of white or peppermint chocolate. Had Swiss Miss (instant) Raspberry chocolate. Tastes like a dessert! Yum! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coffee does sound good and I'm glad most of them Joe likes! Are you wearing your Christmas socks every day? Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. I dislike disappointing things at Christmastime. If it's not rainbows and lollipops every day then I am disgruntled. Needless to say, I am disappointed often. Must get a grip. Hope that you are feeling better. I have also been feeling poorly so am doing a timer method...15 minutes doing something and 15 minutes hoping I don't fall asleep in my chair. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. We don't drink coffee or tea so have never done an advent calendar like that. I hope Joe likes more of the coffee flavors. I have some catching up to do on Youtube with your vlog, so I will see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about getting the tea advent calendar from Plum Deluxe tea. Its from Oregon and their tea is delicious. But I decided not to as of money needs to be used for other things as I have alot of tea already. I like my essential oils I use as they pure and are good to diffuse in the house from Young Living. I like their soap, lotions and household cleaner. Better than ones in stores. I need to get ornaments in Christmas tree and get everything wrapped. Most will be in bags. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, I was so surprised when I started reading your blog about your dislike of certain teas. Can you believe, I love the peppermint and Chai teas? This year they have been so hard to find and so I had to buy 2 boxes each once they appeared for Christmas in Aldis. Here I was thinking what a lovely gift that would make for someone to give them those types of teas and now I hear from you that some people don't like those types of teas.ha! I learned something new from you. I'm not a fan of black or green teas. Anyway, I hope you check with your sisters to see whether one of them would like your "unwanted" teas so they don't go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, so sorry about the tea calendar! I like green tea if it's mixed with another flavor...alone it tastes like grass! I love coffee but am very about the brands...I like it strong and certain flavors are ok.
    Hope you are feeling better today. Christmas is coming too quickly for me as well! Sending hugs your way! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad about the tea calendar, but at least the coffee one is turning out better after that first cup, and hopefully will continue that way. Yes, it seems that Christmas is coming way too fast for me as well. Hope you’re feeling better soon to enjoy some of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you have gotten my attention with the coffee calendar! Glad that Joe is enjoying this one. Too bad about the tea calendar.

    Take care of yourself. Hope you have a turnaround soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.