Tuesday, December 28, 2021

CHRISTMAS


 Hello, friends!  Hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas.  Despite getting sick at my sister's house, it was really nice.  One of the nicest Christmases I have had in a long time.

Joe and I headed up to Northern New Jersey on Christmas Eve to have dinner with Elaine and her friend Frank.  We had so much fun.  And the meal was so good.  Ready for picture overload?

We had such a good dinner.  Ham, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans, and rolls.

And, of course, we had our Christmas crackers.  They contain crowns which we wear during dinner, a joke, and a toy of some sort.  Joe got a shoe horn but we couldn't figure out what mine was.  Some kind of spring and a ring attached to it.  Oh well.


Elaine, Frank and Joe all wearing their crowns.


And me.


Isn't this little table cute?



Frank's dog, Molly, really enjoyed her toy.


The beautiful tree.

After a bit of a break, we went back to the table for dessert.  There was a cake to celebrate my birthday and a tray of homemade cookies.



Ace likes to sit on Elaine's lap with a ball in his mouth.  He loves his ball.




We gave Elaine a Victrola.  It has a turntable, radio, tape player and CD player.

Elaine gave us a basket full of goodies... tea, a glass teapot, and snacks.


Ace is an equal opportunity lap layer.


Christmas breakfast was deviled eggs, sausage, and scones.  I didn't take any pictures of it, but it was delicious.  This is lunch.  All kinds of cheese and crackers, along with salami and pepperoni.


Each of us got a different Christmas plate.



There was even eggnog for Joe.  He loves eggnog.  Elaine and me... not so much.


I was given my birthday gift at lunch.


I got a pretty glass filled with chocolate.


And a ring light and tripod to film my YouTube channel.  I love it.



After we ate, we hung around for a bit and then headed for home.  I wanted to get home before the sun set.  (And I did.)

We had such a wonderful time.  Now on to my birthday in two days.

Hope you had a great time too.  Tell me about your day in the comments below.

Until later...

Kathy




11 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time with your sister and nice gifts!! Just the 3 of us at home for Christmas but we enjoyed eating marionberry scones I got from Baumans last Tuesday as it was the only day I wasn't working that I could shop there! Fun gifts to get and delicious pork loin cooked in instantpot. Snow started falling b4 midnight so we had too much Sunday a.m. we stayed home and watched church online! Cold days all week! I plan on doing another blog post tomorrow! Hugs and Happy Birthday!!! God bless you!==Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE spending a 'photo' day with you! I noticed the little table had a Santa with Ace (Molly?). How cute! All the food looks scrumptious! I gained 10 lbs just seeing it (but no problem). She really has a gift for hostessing. Her tree is so sparklingly pretty! And a lap snuggler bonus! What a wonderful,blessed day you had! Happy & joy-filled birthday to you ,my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your Christmas with us! Looks like you all had a wonderful time! Wishing you and Joe a New Year blessed with good health, joy and peace!
    Happy, Happy Birthday, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure love the Christmas dishes that your sister used for her Christmas dinner with all of you. You and Joe got her a terrific gift and I think you'll love using that ring light and tripod for your YouTube videos. Loved seeing all your photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of your sister where she looks so relaxed and peaceful. It is so good to get together with family and to savor the sweet times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you had a good time! Your sister knows how to make sure everything is so special. That platter of ham looks amazing!!
    Joe may have his eggnog. I'm with you and Elaine =)
    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Christmas, Kathy! You and Joe and your sister all look like you had a wonderful family time. Wishing you all much happiness and health in 2022. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a beautiful Christmas for you Kathy....food looked amazing..thank you for sharing your family and I wish you a very Happy New Year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great celebration. My daughter and granddaughter both got ring lights for Christmas this year. Must be a very popular gift! And, if I'm not on here when it arrives, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to see that you both enjoyed a wonderful Christmas celebration (and early birthday too) with your family, Kathy. All the food looked delicious. Like Joe, we both enjoy eggnog and sadly will have to wait until next holiday to enjoy it again, unless we make homemade.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.