Saturday, December 18, 2021

AN ADVENT CANDLE


 Hello, friends!  Hope you have had a lovely day.

Each year I get an Advent Candle for home.  In the past I have gotten taper candles to burn down.  Then I have the problem of finding a candleholder it would fit into.  This year I solved the problem by purchasing a pillar candle.  I took one of my small plates and covered it with foil and then stood the candle on it.  That way any wax that falls can be easily cleaned up and thrown away.

I've been taking a photo of it each night as it burns.  Let me show you.

It started out being very tall.

I got the one with holly and ivy as the pattern.

Here it is on the first night as we began burning it.

It took quite a while to burn through the top section.

Finally it burned through the first day.


Each day it gets a little shorter.  And so does the time before Christmas.  Day 3 is gone.

So is Day 6.

And Day 7.

Day 9.

And Day 10.  How quickly the time flies.

Day 16 has finished and tonight we are burning down day 18. 


I looked at it tonight after we had finished our devotional reading and realized just how short it was.  One week to Christmas.  Almost nothing done.  It doesn't feel like Christmas to me.  I think because I've been so sick.  I will be happy if I get anything done at this point.  I hope that next year will be much better for me.

How are things going for you?

Until later,

Kathy




7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. That is a really beautiful advent candle. Don't worry about what you get done or don't get finished. Jesus is the reason for the season, and it does not matter to Him how much decorating we do. The real meaning of Christmas is in our hearts. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Deb. It's what is in your heart that matters. You read your devotions & are constant in your prayers (listening to God). Do not be a Martha,fretting over what is not truly necessary. Married to a guy fighting cancer & heart issues, I know there are good & not-so-good days. May your days be good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a unique candle. I have never seen one like it (except the idea here at your blog at past Christmases).

    I'm taking Debbie's advice above to heart for myself. It's good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely advent candle! I have yet to decorate the tree in living room. Been busy and forgetful. I'll hopefully do it this evening. I started work on Thursda, then Friday and Sat. This week 4 days. I enjoy working at Panera Bread. Continued prayers for your healing. Hugs and blessings!!-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to buy an advent candle, but they are fairly scarce around here
    Hope you are feeling better, and you have a wonderful Christmas, try not to overdo it and stay safe.
    Blessings to you both,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and Joe. Thank you for being so faithful in blogging even when you don't feel your best. Pray you are healing and will feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.