Thursday, July 8, 2021

INDEPENDENCE DAY


 Hello, friends!  Welcome back to my blog.  I hope you are all having a wonderful day.  Things in my life are hectic (as always).

I thought I would tell you about my Fourth of July today and get you caught up.  It really wasn't much of a day.  Since it was Sunday, I began by going to church.



My friend Donna was supposed to come over for lunch after church, but she got sick and wasn't able to make it.  So I just made myself a sandwich and fries for lunch.  Joe didn't want anything to eat and went to bed.  I had so many plans for the day.  I wanted to work out in the yard, clean up a bit, work on my crafts.  But I ended up sleeping from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.  Wow!  I guess I needed it, but it sure wasn't conducive to getting things done.

I made a barbecued pork roast and macaroni salad for dinner.  It was so good.  Not what I had planned, but still good.  I will definitely be buying this roast again.



In the evening there were fireworks set off in the neighborhood.  I was able to stand on the front step and watch them being set off.  Joe is not fond of fireworks because of his epilepsy, so he stayed inside.  Here are a couple of videos I took for my YouTube channel.





And if you would like to see my entire post, you can watch it here.


And now I have to get off of here and get some things done.  One thing is call the dentist.  I started with a bad toothache last night.  I think I have an abscess and need some antibiotics.  It's always something!

See you next time!


Kathy






8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Sorry to hear about your tooth. I sure hope you can get some help for that from your dentist. I love that Independence Day was so relaxing and restful. That roast sounds really good. Hope your week is going well. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ said he knows how you feel about sleeping! Best laid
    plans & all that. Our 4th wasn't too bad but some of those
    loud ones (m80's?) are too much. Hope your dentist can help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a nice restful holiday. Your video is cute and a good way to blog the day. I keep thinking I need an air fryer. The roast looked like it came out nice! I hope your tooth is better. Nothing worse than a toothache! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your tooth taken care of soon. Nice videos of the fireworks display. You take care, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, naps are good things unless they make us feel non-productive and then they're not-so-nice, eh? If I ate a sandwich & fries, took a 5 hour nap, and then ate supper, I'd weigh 300 lbs. in no time flat! *haha* I only eat one meal per day and even then it's a small meal. I'm a yogurt & Clif bar kinda gal. :-D I hope your dentist can fix your problem, Kathy. Tooth pain is NO fun, you poor soul. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope by now you feel much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cant beat a good nap. your meal sounds and looks good. hope by now your tooth is not hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So late in getting here with a comment....if I could comment from my phone it would happen much sooner!
    Even though your 4th wasn't what you expected it still sounds like a good day. Glad a nap for you was included! I have a really hard time sleeping during daytime. Just can't relax enough to do it!
    And I hope your tooth issue is soon fully resolved. I've been finally taking care of some tooth issues. Still not done and still experiencing hot/cold pain...not intense so I bear it.
    Have a great day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.