Monday, July 19, 2021

SUNDAY PRAISE (A DAY LATE)


 Hello, friends.  Hope you have had a good day.  It is pretty late, but I wanted to get a post up for you.  I was all set to publish something yesterday, and then I fell asleep.  I slept for hours.  I didn't even get to eat dinner.  😮

But I did want to get a Sunday Praise in so here it is today.  I had two little girls in my class.  I was so glad to get back since I was so sick last week and my friend Kathy (Miss K) took over for me.  (I'm known as Miss Kathy and there couldn't be two of us so we came up with Miss K.)

Last week Miss K taught the story of David and Goliath.  She had four girls.  One of the girls said to her that making that sling go around and around would have made her dizzy.  Ha, ha!  You gotta love the way kids think.

This week the story was DAVID FORGIVES KING SAUL.

Saul was king when David killed Goliath.  Saul was happy to win the battle.  When King Saul returned home, the women were singing and dancing.

    "King Saul has killed his thousands," the women sang.  "But David has killed his ten thousands."  From that day on, King Saul was angry and jealous of David.  He was afraid David would take the kingdom away from him.

    David had to hide from King Saul.  So he took some of his men and they hid in caves and forests.

    One day, David heard that King Saul and his army were looking for him.  He hid deep in a cave.

    As David waited, he saw that King Saul had grown tired and was lying on the ground near the entrance of the cave.  There were no soldiers near him.

    "Hurry," whispered one of David's men.  "Here's your chance to kill him."

    But David knew God would not be pleased if he was mean back at King Saul.  Instead David just snuck up behind King Saul and carefully cut off a piece of King Saul's robe.

    When King Saul awoke and left the cave, David secretly followed him.  King Saul was carefully walking among the rocks on the hillside.  David stood high above him and called, "King Saul!"

    King Saul spun around in surprise.  He watched as David bowed in respect.  "Is that you, David?" the king asked.

    "Yes," answered David.  "Today I was close enough to kill you, but I couldn't kill the Lord's chosen king.  I have chosen to forgive you instead."

    King Saul never admitted his jealousy toward David.  But David had chosen forgiveness and did not harm him.

(based on 1 Samuel 24)

Can you forgive a friend who is angry with you?  Or can you forgive a friend who you are angry with?  Forgiveness is a difficult thing for a lot of people.  I think we all have trouble with forgiveness at one point or another.  But it is so important in our lives.  God tells us in the Lord's Prayer to ask God to forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.  We want forgiveness but are we always willing to forgive?  Hmm.  Something to think about this week.

I'll be back soon.  See you then.

Kathy






5 comments:

  1. I love these Bible lessons for your Sunday School class. I hope you are feeling better. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about the way children think. It amazes me sometimes. You've give me something to think about this week:forgiveness. So true that we want it but are not willing to give it. It is like a heavy weight you carry around. Better to forgive & be rid of it. Appreciate the lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to teach on Sunday. And hopefully your rest yesterday will mean extra energy today. Today is 90's hot here so not very comfortable to do anything outdoors...the rest of the week looks better. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that you are feeling much better. How's the shoulder? And the tooth?

    This is an excellent story. David and Saul had a number of close encounters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do try to forgive rather than holding on to anger or dislike of someone that has caused me grief. I think everyone deals with anger in different ways. I try to release it as soon as I can so it doesn't fester into being hateful. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.