Wednesday, June 23, 2021

WHAT I'M READING -- THE SAPPHIRE OF ZANGRABAR by Steve Higgs (2021/5)


 

Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful day.  Things here are so busy and I barely have time to breathe let alone write a post.  But I wanted to let you know I am still here and I am going to share the next book that I read with you.  It is "The Sapphire of Zangrabar -- a Patricia Fisher mystery" by Steve Higgs.  It is book one in a series.



This is another book that Goodreads recommended to me.  Actually, it is a series of books.  There are 10 books in the series I bought.  These are mysteries set in England.  I am assuming that Steve Higgs is a British writer but I am not sure.  I have to look that up.

The main character is Patricia Fisher.  And a character she is.  She is 52 years old, a housewife with a love of gin, and a husband that she has been married to forever.  She also has a best friend that she can tell anything to.  And share everything with.  Apparently her friend thinks that sharing Patricia's husband is OK too.  When Patricia walks in on them, that's the end of her life as she has known it.  She empties their bank accounts and books herself on the three month cruise of a lifetime.  In the royal suite.

At first she is overwhelmed by her private butler, gym instructor (who is the size of a twig) and the over the top accommodations.  But when a man she meets in the restaurant turns up dead and her purse and missing jewelry is found in his room, signs point to her being the murderer.

Not only is this a good mystery where you are constantly trying to figure out "who dun it", but it is funny as everything.  I was laughing out loud and Joe would stop his reading and look at me as if I were out of my mind.  Especially when he asked me what I was reading and I said a murder mystery.

Such a good book.  I read it in four days.  I just couldn't put it down.  Steve Higgs is a genius when it comes to writing books.  I can't wait to read the next one.

So dear friends, I am recommending this book to you.  You won't regret reading it.

And now back to work.  See you all soon.

Kathy




11 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it. It is so fun to read a book that makes you laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recommendation. I'm a reader and love a mystery. If it's an English mystery, that's an added bonus. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. That book sounds great. I am looking it up on Amazon right now. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good book. At least you were home when you laughed. I've done it while riding on the bus! Thanks for review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a good read! Thanks for your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your book and have a super day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That series does sound like a good one. I'm not much of a mystery lover but add humor and I'd be sure to love it. Thanks for your recommendations! Have a good day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to see if my library has these as ebooks to check out! Sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to come back & let you I'm reading this book. I needed something to lighten my day. I'm halfway through (will probably finish today) & love it! So far I adore her butler! I also found Higgs does a "Culinary Capers" mystery series with a dog! Yep,I'm going there.Love the dogs! Thank you for the recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds very interesting Kathy. It's too hot here to even read, you can't imagine the temperatures ... nearly 40° C, and the scirocco from the Sahara makes things worse with the sand and dust it brings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always looking for a good recommendation for a good read. This sounds really good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.