Thursday, June 17, 2021

PATRIOTIC DECORATIONS

 


Hello, friends!  Welcome to Thursday.  Is it just me or do the weeks just fly by?  Here we are in the middle of June already and I am just getting around to showing you my patriotic decorations that I put up around Memorial Day.  There will be a few changes for July 4th, but I will show you them later.  So let's get started.

I finally found the kitchen towels that I bought at Lenox the last time I was there.  Unfortunately it was the last time since they closed the store.  Here is the red, white, and blue one.

Here is the little sign I was going to put in the front window.  But my next-door neighbor put the same one on her front door.  So I have this one living on the pantry wall.


The little red truck is on the back door.


My shelf is looking very patriotic.  I got the gnome at a close-out in Rite Aid and the stars at Dollar Tree.  The little flag came in a bouquet Joe bought me one time.


The pot by the front door has red, white and blue flowers with a Navy flag, Marine Corps flag and the American flag.


And there is a flag on the front door.



Already some of these have changed.  I will have to take some more pictures to show you.

I have been sick again.  I think I got food poisoning.  It has taken me four days to recover.  I was able to eat dinner last night, so that is a great improvement.  I hadn't eaten much of anything for several days.  Unless you count crackers and pretzels.

Hope you are having a better time of it than I am.

Have a good day and I will see you all soon.

Kathy




8 comments:

  1. Your decorations are always so bright!Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Love the Snoopy cartoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! You always have cute decorations. Hope you continue to feel better. Food poisoning is so fun! Have a good Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you are feeling much better now. Your decorations are lovely. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my food poisoning is so dangerous, keep those fluids going. I love your patriotic decor, it made me think to get mine out and start celebrating! We will have our usual 4th of July backyard bbq with family and friends, about 75 people total. It will start with swimming and playing outdoor games, kayaking, kayak races, canoeing, fishing, bike races, etc all in our backyard. We will have cold cuts and fruit for lunch, then a big bbq with smoked meats in the smoker and side dishes brought by all the guests, and of course watermelon and ice cream bars. The young men will get a truckload full of fireworks and nail them to 1x12 boards and connect the fuses to make a beautiful 45 minute firework show. Then the kiddos will leave to go home and the senior citizens will have a few beers around the firepit. We leave the mess to clean up the next day and most years when I get up the younger boys have the yard all cleaned up for me. I wish we were closer in miles and we would invite you over to join the festivities. ~jackie collins~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope it's really passed and you are over it now. Your decorations are adorable. I saw some homemade ones tonight that would be so easy to craft. They took really skinny red and blue pool noodles (probably the cheapy ones from the dollar store) and cut them into sections about 18 inches long. Then they decorated them with painted and stamped designs. The stuffed the hole on the top with shiny, metallic pipe cleaners in red, white, blue, silver, and gold. So simple but they looked like really cute firecrackers. They had them on sections of pvc pipe that fit the center hole and stuck them in the ground. I think I'm going to have to go to the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your decor. I need to pull some of mine out soon. We're having an outdoor church service on 4th of July and a picnic afterwards. We'll be going to the rodeo July 3 in evening. I'll make the potato salad on Sat. It always gets eaten. We'll get to see the new gym at church as its almost finished. No flooring on bottom floor yet. Hope you feel better soon and figure out what is causing the stomach issues. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you aren't feeling well. Hopefully today will be better.
    Your decorations are so nice! I do so little for holidays other than Christmas.
    Take care and rest till you are all better! (hopefully soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very behind in my patriotic decor. I usually have it all done by Memorial day but after my surgery in early May I'm just now ready to get it all up. Your items are very cute. I love the red truck! I hope you're feeling better now and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.