Saturday, June 12, 2021

THIS AND THAT IN THE GARDEN


Hello, friends!  Happy weekend to you.  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.  Time just flies along, doesn't it?  I have so much to do around the house and it seems as if all I do anymore is sleep.  I guess my body is telling me I don't get enough of it.  Well, I have broken sleep.  Up and down all night so that may have something to do with it.

I was going to do a post on what I'm reading, but that takes some work and I just want to get this out to you.   I'm trying to do better with keeping in touch.  I've been getting out two YouTube posts a week (Wednesday and Saturday) so now I am working on getting my blog out more regularly.  The book review will come later next week, but let me show you a few things here.

First off, I decided enough is enough with my hair.  Do you ever get to that point?  I like my hair long.  And for well over a year (two years?) I have let my hair grow and stopped coloring it.  I wanted to see how much gray I had.  Well, I found out.  And I liked it.  But...

I went to Mane Connection and got my hair trimmed.  Well, I had about three to four inches cut off.  It looked and felt terrific.  I just cannot get a bad cut there no matter who I have wait on me.  I think I have to get back into my routine of going there every 8 weeks or so.  Although I loved the cut, when I had that much taken off, all the color in my hair went too and I was completely white.  I thought I would like it, but it was definitely not the look I was going for.  So I waited a couple of days to see if I would change my mind.  I didn't so I decided to color it.  I wanted to be sure that was what I wanted to do.  But each day I loved the cut and hated the color of my hair more.  So here is the new me.


It's a little darker and a little more red than I wanted it to be, but a few more washings will take care of that.  I'm happy with it and that's what matters.

Each week I try to take one day to work in the garden.  It is a huge job to try to clean it all up.  And with my health the way it is, I can't do it all at once as I used to do when I moved into this house 41 years ago.  But with just plugging away a little at a time, things are getting done.  When I was outside this last week being food for the pesky mosquitos, I took some pictures to show you.

Here is my hydrangea.  Last year I got no blooms at all.  This year there are plenty.  It's so pretty.





I planted a pot of red, white and blue flowers, but only the blue ones are blooming.  There are buds on the other two, so I'm sure they will make their appearance shortly.


I have so much pruning to do on my rosebushes.  But they bloom in spite of me.




This last one came out pink in the photo but in real life it is much more red.  A deep pink.  I took several photos of it and it always came out this color.  I don't know why.



And finally for today, let me show you some of my decorations around the house.

Even my dishtowel is patriotic.  This is one of the towels I got at Lenox in Lancaster County right before they closed down.

I was going to put this sign in my front window, but my next door neighbor put the same sign on her front door.  So this lives on the wall to my pantry.


The back door got my red truck.


The shelf in my living room.


Red, white and blue flowers in my front flower pot along with a Navy flag, Marine Corps flag and the American flag.


And an American flag on the front door.


I like how things came out this year.  I'm leaving them like this for one more week and then I will change things a bit to celebrate Independence Day.

And that's all for today, friends.  I hope you have a great weekend.

Until later...

Kathy




8 comments:

  1. Love your hair! The cut is so cute. Your one rose looks similar to one I have---golden badge? The scent is really intriguing. Your decorations are colorful & the gnome is adorable! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to read about your yard and decorations. Great hair-do also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. Your hair looks great. I need a haircut too, but I don't color my hair. I only had it colored once in my life and didn't like it, so now I am all natural, and not that gray yet. The flowers in your garden are lovely. I especially like your roses and your pink hydrangea. I have a hydrangea in my yard that is the same color. I noticed that you had posted a new youtube, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Hopefully later today. I love all your patriotism. You and Joe have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your hair cut and love the color. You look like a natural red head. Thanks for the garden tour. Love seeing what is growing in others yard. It's too hot for hydrangeas here but roses do super well. My favorite is the Double Delight. The fragrance is wonderful. I will view Kathy's Home and see what's new. Patty Mc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a natural redhead. I little darker than what I colored it, but lots of red. Hope you enjoy the video.

      Delete
  5. I think your hair looks great! I like the color on you. You've inspired me to get my patriotic decor out. Usually I have it out by memorial day but too much going on here. Hopefully this week. Your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look cute as a button. I've not had my hair cut in nearly a year and so you are inspiring me to make an appointment. You have been busy in the yard and in the house.
    You're definitely ready for Flag Day and Independence Day. Everything looks festive and celebratory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I have short hair I need a trim every 4 weeks. Glad you like your cut and now the color too! It looks great! Your roses are beautiful. I love roses but we have never been successful growing them. Our hydrangeas will be blooming too this year, yay!! Yours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.