Wednesday, June 9, 2021

CELEBRATING BIRTHDAYS IN NEW JERSEY


 Hello, friends!  I hope you are having a great Wednesday.  Thanks for stopping in to see me.

First of all, I am touched that so many of you were caring enough to give a comment about the broken tree branch laying in my yard.  A lot of you thought it was the responsibility of my neighbor to take care of it.  So much so, that I went investigating.  It is as I thought.  Here is what I found:

In most American states, if your tree or any part of it falls on your neighbors' property and causes damage to their property through no fault of your own (due to a snow storm, winds, hurricane, or other so-called "act of God"), you are not responsible.

And so it is here in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.  (I know about Jersey from my sister.)  I'm glad if it is different where you are, but it is not here.  I will talk to my homeowners insurance about it, but it is way under my deductible.

Last Saturday Joe and I went to a cookout at my sister's home in New Jersey.  It usually takes me about 2 hours to drive there and 2 hours to drive home.  For some reason it took me 2 1/2 hours each way.  Traffic wasn't all that bad either.  I must admit I wasn't feeling all that well and wasn't driving that well either.  I certainly am thankful that God kept me safe on that trip.

We had such a good time while we were there, though.  And so much food.  I loved the barbecued chicken wings.  Joe had a burger and a hot dog.


Elaine is always a great hostess.  She made sure everyone had plenty to eat.


After lunch had settled a bit, we celebrated the birthdays of Joe, Marion and Frank.





Even after opening gifts we were still full, so we sat around and talked for awhile.  It has been years since I saw our friend, Patty, and it was great catching up with her.



  

Frank brought over his new dog Molly.  So we had two cocker spaniels to play with.  Molly is so sweet.  And of course Ace is always sweet.




Finally it was time for the cake.  We didn't have any candles.  No blowing on the cake these days.  Sorry this picture is on the side.  It says Happy Birthdays because the person at the bakery counter said there wasn't enough room to write all of the names.


It's seldom Joe and I get a picture together and this is a good one.


Here I am with my sweet sister.



We left around 5 p.m. because I wanted to drive home in the light.



It was a wonderful day.  I did a YouTube video which I will put up later this week.  I'll be sure to give you a link to it.

And now it's time to start the day.  Hope you all have a good one.  Stay cool.  It's still sweltering here.

Until later...

Kathy




7 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday to Joe. It looks like everyone had a good time. It's nice that you were able to celebrate the birthdays together. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's very true about the tree branch, Kathy. If a branch falls off your neighbor's tree and does damage to your property, you are the one responsible and not your neighbor. There's only one exception to that rule and that is... if your neighbor has proof that she talked to you about the dangerous branch and you did nothing, and the branch then falls and does damage, then you are indeed responsible. So if you see anymore branches on your neighbor's property, that look like they're going to come down and cause further issue, send your neighbor a registered letter (that they have to sign for to accept) and then if that branch or tree falls and causes damage to your property, they will have to pay for repairs and not you. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good picture of you & Joe! Thank you for sharing your photos. It sure looks like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute photo of you & Joe! Love the double doggies. Looks like everyone had a great time.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Joe! So glad that someone thought to take a photo of the two of you together. It's a wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to all! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made it there and back safely. Looks like you had a wonderful time celebrating and catching up with old friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.