Wednesday, November 18, 2020

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?


Good morning, friends!  Or afternoon or evening whenever you happen to be reading this.  Hope you are having a wonderful day.  It is bitterly cold today, but supposed to warm up a little as the week goes on.

I overslept this morning.  Well, I woke up around 6:30 a.m. but I'm usually up around 4:00 or so.  Guess my body is finally getting used to the time change.  So I am a little late getting all of my medications.  What makes it even worse is I can't find the box where I put them in for the week.  Fortunately I have extra of everything so I have to go into my main supply and pull out what I need.  I know I will find it as I continue in my great Kathy cleanup today.

Yesterday, knowing it was going to go below freezing today, Joe took the afternoon to help me do things I couldn't do by myself.  We got so much done.  There is still a lot to go, but it is a great start.  Being sick so much of the time the past year or so has put me back so far in my housework. 

I'm also behind in showing you what I've been having for dinner.  As usual, I don't take pictures of every meal I have.  But here's some highlights for you.  Maybe it will inspire a few meals for you.



On Saturday, October 24 we had roasted chicken thighs, green beans, mashed potatoes and a garden tomato.  Such flavor those tomatoes have.  Joe even asked last night if we were going to plant tomatoes again next year because they are so good.


Monday, October 26 there was barbecued pork chops, garlic bread, mixed veggies and another tomato.


Tuesday, October 27 was tortellini night.  I used spinach and cheese tortellini with peas in alfredo sauce.  We had some meatballs with that.  Sorry this is blurry.  I didn't have my camera and so used my phone camera.  Not always the best.  I don't know how to focus well.


Wednesday, October 28 was a simple poached salmon, asparagus and garlic bread.


Friday, October 30 I made something I haven't had in ages -- sloppy joes.  I make them with Campbell's tomato soup and the recipe is on their website.  I used to make it all the time.  I don't know why I stopped.


On Saturday, October 31 I had my usual Halloween special -- Bones, Blood and Guts.  Ha, ha!  Actually penne pasta for the bones, tomato sauce for the blood and Italian sweet sausage for the guts.  Really good.


Monday, November 2 Joe did takeout and got me one of my favorite meals -- a fried chicken platter.  It comes with fries and cole slaw.  I usually get a couple of meals out of it because it is so big.  But let me tell you that chicken is so good.


And finally, on Saturday, November 7 we had honey ham steak, asparagus and a baked potato.

I have not been cooking much or eating much since I've been sick this past week.  I feel pretty good today, so maybe the worst is over with.  Wouldn't that be nice?  Continuing on with my antibiotics though.  I want to make sure it is gone.

Hope you all have a great day today and have some good eating.  See you tomorrow.

Kathy








 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, Your meals look delicious. Knowing me, I would have to eat double the size of what you are showing:) I'm so glad you are feeling better. I am still on antibiotics until Friday for my "in progress" dental implant. I had what remained of my tooth pulled and bone grafting material put in. Now I wait approximately 4 months before implant can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news that you are feeling so much better. That fried chicken dinner looks just scrumptious! You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I do not blog, I do follow a few blogs. I recently found your blog and am greatly enjoying it. Your "What's For Dinner?" posts always look delicious and are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. Everything looks delicious. I love all the dinner ideas. Glad you are feeling somewhat better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the "What's For Dinner?" as it sparks ideas in my head. Maybe I'll try the sloppy joes though the chicken looks good too. I don't fry most things. We call out on Saturday night so maybe....Joe is such a good hubby to help you! It does sound like you're feeling a bit better. Hope it continues! Stay safe & well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, I always enjoy your food pictures; grocery store trips and meals. I go shopping to keep myself and Micky cat fed, that's just about my only outing during this time of covid, but I don't really enjoy cooking now. I usually make very easy, simple meals. Glad you're feeling better. Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.