Tuesday, November 17, 2020

I WENT TO TARGET


 Hello, friends!  Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes.  I continue to improve each day and that is a blessing from God.  I know that your prayers and the prayers of my friends and family are helping more than the medicine.  But that is helping too and I took only one dose of pain medicine yesterday.

Joe had to run to Target to get his new phone activated and of course I had to drive him.  (Joe has epilepsy so doesn't drive anymore.)  I wasn't sure about driving with my bad knee, but things went fine.  Since our Target still has not reopened following all the looting, we had to go to the next nearest one which is about 20 minutes away.  I had never been there before and in fact had heard bad things about it, but it was beautiful and very clean.  But very crowded.


We agreed to meet up at the car and Joe went back to electronics.  I knew I couldn't go walking around the store and just wanted to hit up the Bullseye Spot.  It was great.  And I went spending money.  First let me show you a few things they had.

Lots of gift bags and boxes.  All sizes.

They had tons of candles too.  I'm not fond of Target candles though.  I don't think they have a lot of scent.


Sweet little wooden trees.  There were just these four left, though, and you can see that at least one of them was broken.


This little bird was so sweet.  He was the only one left.  I was very tempted to buy him but I have so much Christmas stuff.  Joe saw the picture and said I should have gotten him.  *sigh*


Jingle bells!


There was a forest of little Christmas trees.  Some plain, some flocked, and even some silver ones.



I left the Bullseye Spot and wandered a little ways over to where they had gingerbread houses.  All kinds, sizes and shapes.  Even a camper.  I thought about getting that one for my sister-in-law and I might go back to get one.


I waited for Joe in the car to finish up and listened to the news telling about the new shut-down Pennsylvania is going into.  And Philly is even worse.  Life is certainly going to be different this Christmas.

So do you want to see what I actually got?  Here you go.  I actually didn't get much.

These little wooden houses are so cute and I know just where I'm going to put them.  And I got the one unique tree there.

These are Crayola bath soap pens.  Kids can draw on themselves (or the wall) while they are in the tub.  I got a pink strawberry one for Hadley and a blueberry one for Bipp.  I'm starting a box to send to them soon.  I also got some Hershey kisses for me.  I've been craving chocolate.  These just hit the spot.


A couple of large gift bags.

A

And a couple of smaller bags.


Two packages of shirt boxes.  I am always looking for boxes during Christmas.

For a couple of years now I have been watching people on vlogs decorate their tiered trays.  I always wanted one but couldn't find any I liked.  But I found this one.  It only cost $3.  I can't wait to clear off my kitchen table and use it.


And finally these sofa throws were only $5.  I couldn't decide between these two patterns, so I got both.


I was hungry and so was the car.  So on the way home we stopped off and got gas and then Joe ran into Shop Rite and got us sushi.  I wasn't sure about eating it, but I did OK.

For dinner I wanted soup, so we called the new Chinese restaurant we've been using and got dinner.  Joe had Chicken Chow Mein platter and I got Egg Drop Soup and an Egg Roll.  It just hit the spot.

And now I have to get off of here and get ready for Bible Study.  This is the last week for this year.  And just in time too since we are being shut down so tightly this week.  I have great hopes with this new vaccine that next year will be different.

Take care, friends, and have a wonderful day.  I'll see you soon.

Kathy







10 comments:

  1. You had a good adventure even if you did have to drive 20 miles out of the way. Sure hope you are feeling better - you have been through it for sure. I like the things you bought. Christmas will be here before we blink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I like the little houses and tree you purchased at Target. Also those Crayola bath soap crayons are a neat gift for kids. I'll have to remember to look for them the next time I go to my Target. I just bought two flannel blankets at Menards yesterday for my dogs to lay on:) I plan on a JoAnn Fabric shopping trip today to purchase some material to make curtains for a back door window. Just like you, I am hoping to get done what I need to get done in case more severe lock down policies go into effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I loved the photo at the end of this post. You did get some deals. I want you and Joe to be safe, please. It's getting very scary out there. I am even scared for Ted to go get his labs this morning. I told him to use the sanitizer as soon as he got in the truck. The hospital makes you do it as soon as you enter and they make you put on a fresh mask. Blessings to you, get well, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had quite a nice shopping trip. I've never been in Target. I'm wanting some chocolate lately too, so I think maybe I'll put it on my grocery list this week. The soap crayons look like they could be such fun. Take care and don't over do. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I enjoyed reading about your Target trip, you found such cute things! I like shopping at Target but the closest one is 70 miles away, I've been staying close to home since March. Peace and blessings. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I loved going to Target with you! Go back & get the camper and the bird! (I hope he's still there... :( Poor little guy reminds me of the snowman.) He is kinda cute.Glad you were able to eat something. A sure sign of healing!
    I love the path at the end. So many reds! My favorite color! Continue healing, ny friend,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looting??

    I need to go back through and read your blog. I have been out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Almost got those houses a couple of weeks ago. Had them in my cart then put them back. Just need to use what I have....but they are sooo neat!
    So glad you are feeling even better today! Yes things are not looking good with Covid. We are back to staying home, ordering groceries online, ordering gifts online too. There will not be any getting together with family till the numbers are better. It makes me so sad!
    Stay safe, my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say you did really good on NOT buying a bunch of stuff. I would have probably snapped that bird up, too. LOL
    Your food sounds great. Think I will get in the freezer and fix John some chicken fried rice for dinner tonight.
    Hope you are continuing to improve. Prayers- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to Target here last Saturday and it was also very crowded. You sure got some fun things. You and Joe stay safe. We are taking precautions here too. Our governor put in a mask mandate and some more restrictions, but not a complete shut down. Glad your tooth is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.