Sunday, November 15, 2020

ARE YOU READY FOR DINNER? -- SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH PENNE AND BROCCOLI


 Hello, friends!  Happy Sunday.  I hope you have all been having a good weekend.  I am sitting here at home with the fire stove going and a campfire scented candle burning.  It smells so good and is so relaxing with the crackling sound it makes.  It's like a real campfire.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes on my tooth.  I am glad to tell you that the antibiotic seems to be working and I am MUCH better.  I went from taking painkillers four times a day to three and haven't taken any today -- so far.  I am not a martyr and if I am in pain I will definitely take them.  My jaw is a little swollen, but nothing like it was.  I am still going to eat soft food for a few days yet, but I am definitely on my way to getting well.

I called the emergency dentist yesterday and was told all the appointments for the day were filled.  I asked if I could make an appointment for today and was told they don't make appointments ahead of time and to call as early as possible today because they fill up fast.  OK.  I decided that this was not the place for me.  There is a dentist in the neighborhood that is a 24 hour emergency dentist.  I have never gone to her, but I figure it is worth a shot.  And the new insurance I have that begins in January covers her.  So even though I like the dentist I've been seeing, I think I will give her a try and see if I like her too.  If so, she is only 8 blocks from my house.  It is certainly worth a try.

At any rate, I have decided to stay home from church today.  I don't remember when I have missed so much church.  My health just seems to be against me lately.  To top it off, I woke up this morning in a lot of pain and it seems that in my sleep I either pulled or tore a tendon in my right knee.  I can hardly walk and I certainly can't drive.  I have a knee brace on it and hope if I stay off of it I will be better by Tuesday to go to the last Bible Study of the year.  *sigh*

I went into the freezer last night looking for something soft to eat for dinner.  I had half of a package of sweet Italian sausage and lots of left over rigatoni.  There was a head of broccoli in the refrigerator too.  So I googled some recipes and came up with this one.  Here is the link for it:  Pasta recipe.  I took a photo of mine but haven't downloaded it yet, so will show you when I do my "What's for Dinner?" later this week.  Here is the picture from the website.  Mine looked very similar.


It's good when you have everything in the house to make a dinner.  Joe really liked it and said I could make it again.  It is easy and tastes great.  I'm so glad I tried it.

It is a beautiful sunny day and I hope I can get out into the yard later (if the knee lets me) and take some pictures to show you.  There is a lot of work to do to get it ready for winter and I hope I have time to do that next week.

So until later, have a wonderful day.

Kathy




12 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday! The new recipe looks delish! And I am glad that your troublesome tooth is better! What an ordeal to go through. My daughter has constant pain from a body that has decided to make her life difficult so I know what you are going through. I am praying for you both. I am not that far from you in Bethlehem, PA. ((Hugs))💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to meet a neighbor! You really aren't that far away. It must be great to live in the Christmas town this time of year.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kathy. So glad you tooth is feeling better. Our dentist is actually less than a block away from our front door. He was our dentist before we moved here and we didn't buy this place to be close to the dentist, but it sure is convenient. Your dinner looks so good. We are doing online church today too. Too many cases of the virus around here and last week, some people in our congregation were not even wearing masks. Hope your knee feels better soon. That happens to my knee as well. Very painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really convenient about your dentist. My doctor is just two blocks away so I know what you mean.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy, I am so glad to hear that your antibiotic has kicked in on your tooth infection. Thanks for letting us know. Today it is very gray, cold and windy here so no yard work for me. I have pretty much gotten the yard work done for the year so am prepared for the winter snow. All I plan today is to make a trip to Aldi. You take care now and I hope your knee mends quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling so much better. Your dish sounds delicious. I may even give it a try. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was delicious. And what is good about it is that you can substitute the type of pasta, the meat used, or the vegetable to make it work for you. Good for using up what is in the house.

      Delete
  5. "campfire scented candle"

    😳 I will have to look for one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for feeling better. It took time for that antibiotic to get going. Hope that the new 8 blocks away dentist is a great one and one you like.

    Knees! Aha! I have experience with wonky knees. I am no doctor, but would be happy to tell you what worked for me. Just yell! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Vee. I have had trouble with my knees ever since I was in a car accident about 40 years ago (before the time of mandatory seat belts) and when we were hit, I went into the dashboard knees first. I was in the passenger seat so I had nothing to protect me. I know eventually I will have to have my knees replaced, but I'm holding off as long as possible. I have arthritis in both knees now.

      Delete
  7. Those fall pictures are sooo beautiful! I google or do a Pinterest search with the ingredients I have to figure out what to make too. Your dinner sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.