Tuesday, September 8, 2020

LABOR DAY

 


Hello, friends!  I hope you had a great Labor Day yesterday.  I woke up so late after sleeping about 12 hours.  In fact, I didn't get dinner on Sunday night because I fell asleep around 4:30 p.m. and woke up at 9:30 p.m.  I was awake for about an hour, then went back to sleep and slept until another 8 hours.  I guess I was more tired than I thought I was.  I have not been sleeping well.  I never sleep well, but try to carry on.  I tend to take naps rather than sleep the entire night.

I ended up eating lunch when I got up because it was close to 10:00.  I just went into the refrigerator and found some rice and made some fried rice.  I always say no one's fried rice tastes as good as my own.  And by making it myself I can control how much sodium is in it.

I watched some TV and did a little bit of cleaning, but that was it.  I ended up sleeping some more.

For dinner, though, I made us a Labor Day treat.  When I had gone shopping last week I got some Nathan's hot dogs, brioche rolls and some cute gingham napkins.  That, along with some fries and iced tea, was what we had for dinner.


For dessert I had made some peach cobbler to use up the peaches I had before they went bad.  It turned out so good.


After I cleaned up the kitchen and got the dishwasher going, Joe and I did our evening devotions and I printed out my lesson for today.  Then I found I had copies and didn't need them.  O...K...  I looked and couldn't figure out what was what in my folder.  Now I know.  But at least I have enough copies.

Today we are restarting the Ladies Bible Study for the first time since March.  We had done only two weeks before everything got shut down.  So for this year we are studying only the book of Titus.  A little book, but with a lot in it.  Mostly about doctrine (the teachings of the church -- what we believe).  We always stop right before Thanksgiving because the holidays are just so busy for women and then start up again in March.  I hope things work out that we can do that this year.

So it was a very low key day and not at all like a typical Labor Day.  But nothing about this year is typical.  I hope your day was great and you had a lot of fun.

Before I end, here is the next installment of the Romans series my pastor is doing.



I will be back later.  Sooner than you might think!

Kathy



10 comments:

  1. Love the opening Snoopy! Russ & I did the nap/relax thing yesterday too. As my
    Dad used to say, 'My get-up-and-go Got up & went'. A cliche but sometimes true. We had a treat for Labor day---bison! Our local meat store had a 6 pack of bison slider patties for UNDER $7!! It's usually up to $13 per lb. They were delicious! They're also very healthy as they are low cholesterol> I'll see if they have any left! See you at Bible study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy- I enjoyed this post. Your Nathan's Hot Dog dinner looks yummy. I love Nathan's hot dogs. I will be listening to your pastor's sermons later on when I get home from work. Glad you are able to get back to your bible study. Have a good day and I will see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the holiday Kathy.....I love the look of our American flags flying throughout out neighborhood...we have enjoyed hot dogs for lunch too the past few days....and oh yes, a peach crisp....the last of summer fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have needed the sleep, Kathy! How nice that you had a good Labor Day and have all your stuff printed out for the Bible study. I hope you have a really great week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the links. I'll be sure to watch sometime soon. You need your rest so I am glad that you had such a nice long sleep. Labor Day itself was spent puttering in the garage and yard. Saturday the extended family gathered to celebrate the last hurrah of summer. We had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got caught up some on your sleep. Hot dogs, fries and iced tea sounds delicious. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you have lots of sleep. Last couple nights I was in and out of sleep. Work up early this a.m. due to breathing issues, due to smoke in area. Many forest fires here. I used my inhaler and then came out and sat on recliner after putting breathe again essential oils in my diffuser in living room. Smoke clouds returned a bit ago and breezy. We went to Red Robin last evening. Phil worked Monday. We both had fish and chips. The fish were so big that we could have had one and split it between us. Lunch!!! take care and enjoy your bible study!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, You really were tired. Oh yes, we can cook better than anything we buy. LOL. Take care. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes we just need to rest and get caught up. I don't get as tired as I used too since I've retired. It rained tons on Monday and even a tornado siren went off. We had ribs Monday and they were pretty good. I hope your week goes good! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sleep is so very important!! Your supper sounds relaly good, too.
    It's wonderful you can start your classes back. Who know it would be this long before you could?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.