Thursday, September 3, 2020

TURNING THE CALENDAR PAGE TO SEPTEMBER


 As long as July seemed, that's how short August was.  It seems as if August just got here and now it's gone.  But...  September is my favorite month of the year.  Not too hot, not too cold.  Part summer, part fall.  Warm enough to go without a sweater but full of harvest delights.  It's almost like a second New Year's Day to me.

Let's see what happened this past month.

We had a couple of hurricanes come through in August.  Isaias and Laura.  Fortunately neither was bad by the time they got to us.  Just a lot of rain and high winds.

I had a lot of doctor appointments and hospital visits.  I hope to have less this month and even less in October.  Maybe I can be over with everything by November.

I began to clean up my yard and was making good progress until I got waylaid by all the bad weather.  I really MUST get out there and finish before the bad weather returns.  But on the bright side I have at least 7 tomatoes just starting to get ripe.  Yum!

I actually finished a book.  Yay!  I have started on my next one.  It is slow going because I don't have time to read.  But it is so interesting.  I hope I have time tonight to get some of it read.

Really not a lot going on last month.  Like I said, most of it was spent visiting doctors and getting tests done in the hospital.  I have another visit coming up next week.  And I had the eye doctor today.  No wonder I can't save any money.

Before I end, let me show you the calendar pages I have for this month.  The first one is from the Breathtaking Views calendar.  And isn't it just.  This is Dolly Sods Wilderness in West Virginia.


The second one is the flower of the month.  This time it is a Red Gerbera Daisy.  So pretty.


And with that I will end and go back to my cleaning and baking.  Hope you all have a good day and may September be good to all of us.

Kathy



 




7 comments:

  1. Baking? Did you mention baking before the last bit? You must be taking advantage of cooler weather. So what are you baking? Sometimes I feel as if it's two steps forward and one step back. Like you, I am plugging along as I can. Can't see a lot of progress, but some. I hope that all your medical tests are soon ended and that you have a good report on all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I feel about how Lucy looks in that picture...so sad about summer fading. Glad you could get back to working in the yard. It is so good to see what we can get done. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. August was my first month of retirement and it flew by. I'm very sick of filling out forms, talking on the phone with different organizations, dealing with insurance agents and more forms and phone time. On the other hand I've been able to work on home projects and start a walking routine in the mornings. I love Fall and even with this virus I hope to be able to enjoy it's cooler weather and campfire nights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tomatoes sound good! The weather hasn't cooperated at all.Hoping all the doctor visits have good results. Love the daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with the cleaning and the yard work. At least the weather is cooperating. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edma B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It felt like August went fast for me as well! I had a physical therapy appt 2 times a week. Looks like I will have some more soon as insurance said yes to more. I need to work on our spot by garage to get some weeds out of there. Dead head rose bush. It's been warm this week. I just posted in my blog finally. Sat and did not much after coming home from being gone for a few hours this late a.m. Glad I am not on the freeway as it's holiday weekend!! Hope you are feeling better and Joe is good as well! Hugs, my friend across the miles!!1

    ReplyDelete
  7. August did go too fast just as summer ALWAYS does. I love summer and am always sad to see it ending. But fall is nice too.
    I love gerbera daisies. Our daughter, Marcy, had a September wedding and she used them. It was so pretty!
    Wishing you a fabulous month of September, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.