Saturday, September 5, 2020

A VISIT TO THE EYE DOCTOR AND FLOWERS


 

Hello, friends!  Welcome to the weekend.  And a holiday weekend at that.  I have no plans but expect to enjoy myself.  I guess I have gotten used to having a holiday in the Covid-19 world.

On Thursday I had an eye doctor appointment.  My friend Carole drove me there and back.  I tried driving once after they had put the drops in my eyes.  It was not good.  So now I get someone to take me.  Carole had to wait in the car, but I wasn't long at all.  I was surprised how quickly it went.  Last time I went I was there for over three hours.  This time it was about an hour and a half.  Things have stabilized in my eyes and although I will always have the blind spots, they won't get any worse.  That is good news.  I see the spots mostly when I am on the computer (like now) or reading.  The doctor explained that a bright white background will make them more noticeable.  But that's OK.  Most of the time I don't notice them at all.

The evening before I drove Joe to 7-11 to get a few things.  I stayed in the car while he went in.  I do that a lot these days because it hurts so much to walk.  When he came out he had a bouquet of flowers for me.  So pretty.







Unfortunately they didn't last very long and most of them have died.  I did everything to keep them alive.  Even changed the water a couple of times.  It just did not work.  *sigh*  At least I was able to enjoy them for a few days.  Wish they had lasted at least a week though.

Tonight I was looking out of the back window and saw the brightness from the sun setting behind the trees.  I used to love to watch the sunset, but now I can't see it because the tree in my yard and the two in my neighbor's yard have grown so big.  I miss it and am glad I have taken so many pictures of the sunset.  But when I looked out my front window I saw a beautiful sight.  The sun was reflecting on some clouds and turning them a beautiful pink, rose and gold.  I grabbed my camera, opened the front door, and began snapping away.  Let me show you two of the pictures.  The sky is so pretty.



And now I will get ready to start the day.  Lots to do -- mainly cleaning.  That never ends.

Have a good day and I will see you later.

Kathy



12 comments:

  1. The flowers are sp pretty! I agree,wish they lasted longer...Good shots of the sunset! the colors are gorgeous! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it to the eye dr and all is stable. What a sweet thing for your hubby to bring you the flowers even if they didnt last long. Pretty pictures of the sunset. Hope you have a nice holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see a pretty sky...your pictures are gorgeous! So happy your eyes are stable. I do drive after having my eyes dilated but it's NOT fun. Had it done in June. I wish you and Joe a wonderful holiday weekend....we have no plans either, just like every holiday this year so far. Oh well, it's all good ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. Yes, that pink sky is beautiful. I love sunsets too, and will always take a picture of a special one. Glad the eye exam went well. So nice that Joe gives you flowers. They were beautiful. Sorry they didn't last long. I hope you have a restful and enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog...and your pictures. glad you are still distancing...not going out too much...masks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your eye check went well and I love the pretty pink sky! Have a nice holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always enjoy reading your blog. When I've had my eyes dilated, I can never drive. With the bright sun and dilation it is impossible for me.....even with the paper glasses they hand out in the office. Your flowers were so bright and cheery. My favorite are carnations, mums, and daises. I like them more than roses. Enjoyed seeing pics of the sky...so pretty. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's good news about your eyes. Your hubby is wonderful for getting you those beautiful flowers. Take care and have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had an eye appt this past week too and got new reading glasses. I picked them up yesterday...so far so good! Hope you are having a blessed Sunday. your flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a friend take you to eye dr and back. Nice flowers, even though they didn't last long enough, which is sad. Sometimes it depends on how long they had been in store. I went to eye dr on Friday, had eyes with trying to lean onto a frame to get eyes checked out. My eyes were bothering me for some reason, after I put my contact lenses back into my eyes after appt. Then put new eye drops in when I got home, that I bought at Fred Meyer. I could not find the one type I normally use. May try it again and if it bugs me, I won't use it again!! We weat out thru Carl's Jr drive thru after watching church via youtube. Didn't feel like going into church this a.m. as I had not felt up to good enuf to go. Warm day outdoors. Good to be with Phil. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures of the reflected sunset are lovely! We have been seeing gorgeous skies here in Lancaster County too. And the flowers are beautiful! Joe is very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is good your eye exam shows your eyes are stable, and that sure is a pretty sunset.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.