Saturday, September 12, 2020

I WILL NEVER FORGET


 Hello, friends.  I meant to post this yesterday, but I still was not feeling well following the biopsy I had the day before.  However, I don't want to let this special day pass without mentioning it.

How well we all remember that awful day in our country's history.  A moment in time that changed our world forever.  All those lives needlessly lost because of the evil of a few people.


I am so glad I was with my sister that day.  I don't know how I would have faced it alone.  The horror of it all.  And then heading straight for NYC and into the craziness of it all.  The trouble trying to find a way home around the city and the relief we felt when we reached Elaine's house.  I was happy to be there even though I wasn't able to get to my own home.  I really didn't want to be alone.

It seemed as if the attack on America brought people together.  Brought out the best in people.  Unlike today where all kind of evil is going on in our country.  No one is united anymore.  So sad.


What wise words these are above.  Life really is short.  If you talk to people who are 100 years old, they will tell you that their life went by in an instant.  And there really is no time for hate.  I pray that our world will find the Lord, that love will return and that all the evil and hate that has pervaded our world lately will end.

A rather somber post today.  I promise tomorrow will be more uplifting.


Kathy






9 comments:

  1. I agree, Kathy, we should never forget. I won’t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sad. I remember how we all came together as a nation. Helping & even crying with each other. Where did that go? I was at work....at the airport! I was blessed that a co-worker came to tell me he would drive me home after work.It was all so unreal....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Hope you get to feeling better. I have visited the reflecting pools and Shanksville memorial. Those memorials make us think of sad times and how patriotic our country was then. I do pray for our nation. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all just have to put our faith in God and pull together again. We can do it. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had just moved into the house we have now and my daughter-in-law called to tell me to turn on the TV. I was glad we had cable installed so I could watch what was happening. I remember crying and then getting on my knees and praying. I wish the country would remember how we turned to God at that time. We need to unite with God again in our beautiful country. I hope you're feeling better and next week goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched the live on on FB. Where the lights were shining where twin towers used to be. Sad to watch. Justin and I were talking about it, since he and family were here that day. He thought it was a movie when I told him to come out and see what's on tv when it all happened. Sad!!! Thankful for the first responders to that and our nation. We need to be kind to all and keep staying positive and following God's word and be a beacon in the dark!! Hugs! Feel better soon! I like the Charlie Brown and Snoopy comic with 9-11. thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that day clearly. My greatest desire is to love and show generosity to all so the world would see Jesus and not division.
    Hope you are feeling better, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kathy. Thank you for this post. That really was quite a day. I am glad you weren't alone. I love the quote you ended your post with. I wish that more people in our nation today, could see that - life is short and there is no time to hate. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was an awful day. I was with my sister as well that day and I, too, am glad that I was not alone. It is easier to face dark times with another. There are a great number of people who are united in prayer for this country. Don't ever think not. Hope that you are feeling much better. Always great to get the tests in the rearview mirror.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.