Tuesday, September 1, 2020

ON THE FIRST DAY OF SEPTEMBER



Hello, friends.  Welcome to September, my favorite month of the year.  September is a little bit of summer and a little bit of fall.  I am so looking forward to enjoying each and every day of this month.  Even with going to three doctor appointments.  After all, my anniversary is coming up in 15 days.

Today I got up early because Joe kept waking me up in his sleep.  Snoring.  Moaning.  Tossing. I finally gave up and got up.  That was OK because I had a chance to do stuff on my own.

I was out of a lot of things so I called my friend Donna and the two of us headed off to Shoprite.  


I spent a lot of money but not nearly as much as last month.  After spending 2 hours in the store last month, I knew I could not do that again.  I was in agony for hours.  Today it was only an hour.

I was putting my groceries in the trunk when a young man came up to me and asked if I needed any help.  He had on a Shoprite uniform and he had been putting carts away so I knew he worked there.  I told him if he could lift the case of water into the trunk that would help me a lot.  He not only did that, but packed my groceries in also.  Then he said he hoped I had a good day and took my cart back to the corral for sanitation for the next person.  How nice!

Because I didn't get much sleep last night, I took a nap this afternoon.  I really needed to.  When I woke up, I threw in a load of laundry.  I think I might actually be catching up!

Tonight we had our annual September 1 dinner.  Each year for the past six or seven years we have spare ribs on September 1st.  We very rarely have spare ribs but always on the first.  I was lazy this year and got the store brand potato salad instead of making my own.


These spare ribs were so good.  They were meaty, tender, and the barbecue sauce was perfect.  We couldn't believe how good they were.

For dessert I got a sweet potato pie.  I love this and haven't had it since around last Thanksgiving.  I wasn't planning on this, but I walked by a table full of pies and there it was calling to me.


It was really good.  Joe liked it too.


It's been a really good September 1st.  

**********

I wanted to give you another part of my pastor's message series in Romans.  Just click on the links below to hear it.  Part one is on top.  Hope you enjoy.



See you tomorrow.

Kathy




7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you got your shopping done quickly! The ribs look delicious,are they from Shop Rite? Maybe I'll see if my store has them. I love hearing about employees like that! It makes my day & boosts my hope for humanity.
    I love naps! Not that I 'sleep'every day. Sometimes I just lay across the bed while Russ naps. Good time for prayer & meditation....Looking forward to fall colors & temps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy September 1st to you too! So glad your day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a super good shopping day to me! I have yet to be able to go out and do my own grocery shopping. I'm looking forward to it. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I hate this pandemic, I miss extanded family, church services and friends. What I LIKE is freedom from guilt. I have not been inside a grocery store since late March and don't miss it a bit! Two of my favorite stores delivers and two more have curbside pick up. I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have the same meal on a certain date!! I go to a grocery store sometimes but mostly still order curbside pickup. That young man who helped you is a gem for sure.
    Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sept.1 always enters me into my Fall decorating mode and enjoying those cool nights that start to arrive. I think your tradition of ribs is so cute! I do love some yummy ribs any time of the year! Have a good rest of the first week of September!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to spend September 1st. I made a pumpkin pie the other day...there is one little slice left...guess we'll fight over it tomorrow..HaHa. Your hubby is so cute eating his pie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.